• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Where you going to get yours tuned?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Looked at a few places but heritage, reputation and reviews TDI North won the flip. So going to travel there.

Same with my Audi ... Awesome GTI had my work even thought it was a 2.5h drive to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't argue with that for tuning but long trip to get a service isn't it?

Well I tend to spend big fewer times ... so I will be down there 1-2 times a year spending £1-2k at a time so the way I worked it with my Audi @AwesomeGTI was I did a minor service 1st time and major service 2nd time ... I have always serviced my tuned cars twice a year.

Sold mine today. Its been a very pleasurable 6 months and I've now scratched the FK8 itch. I wasn't intending to sell it but I was offered £500 less than I paid for it 6 months ago (and 6000 miles later) so it seemed a no brainer with car prices artificially inflated at the moment. Im going to sit tight and see how things play out once people start getting made redundant and start returning their PCP mobiles.

Sold mine today. Its been a very pleasurable 6 months and I've now scratched the FK8 itch. I wasn't intending to sell it but I was offered £500 less than I paid for it 6 months ago (and 6000 miles later) so it seemed a no brainer with car prices artificially inflated at the moment. Im going to sit tight and see how things play out once people start getting made redundant and start returning their PCP mobiles.

How much did you sell it for and was it private?

Webuyanycar, 68 plate, 8500 miles they gave me £26500. Had a pleasant experience, the car was spotless so didn’t knock off any money.
68 plate with 11k miles. 26245 is my valuation from them. Very interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are growing on me to be fair. Colour choice is important though I think, yellow or red for me. They make around 380 as well from the factory reportedly

Sold!

No idea what to get, if I should go cheap or finance later on.

I’m borrowing a c class until I know what I want

2018 (18) 17.5k miles and £25k

Was that private? If so what did you originally have it up for.

I go from costing stage 2 to thinking about how much I could sell it for in the space of 2 weeks!

I've just been advised I'm working from home until March 21 so it's going to be an expensive driveway decoration!

I am puzzled with the second hand car market at the moment on where it is exactly.

On the one hand, manufacturers have been in shut down so there is a back log on new cars, so people who don't want to wait buy second hand nearly new, so prices stay buoyant. Also, I have read that dealers are replacing stock more cautiously so there is actually higher demand than supply.

On the other hand, in a very general sweeping statement, people will have less money to buy cars with more and more redundancies to come, so there must be less demand coming on both new and used, forcing prices down to shift them off the show room floors.

WBAC seem to be paying good money for the FK8, so are confident of shifting them.

Long may it continue but I expect the covid impact to change the landscape soon

Back