• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

WBAC offered that and didn’t knock me down.
Lot of uncertainty at the moment and after WBAC originally offered 22.5 at beginning of lockdown it was a no brainer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that private? If so what did you originally have it up for.

I go from costing stage 2 to thinking about how much I could sell it for in the space of 2 weeks!

I've just been advised I'm working from home until March 21 so it's going to be an expensive driveway decoration!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I am a home desk jockey for the foreseeable as well, but looking at out and not seeing the car would drive me nuts. Makes me look forward to the drives more..!

WBAC offered that and didn’t knock me down.
Lot of uncertainty at the moment and after WBAC originally offered 22.5 at beginning of lockdown it was a no brainer for me.

Mines sitting at 26235 from them. I think you're the second to sell to them without them knocking it down. Very tempted!

I am a home desk jockey for the foreseeable as well, but looking at out and not seeing the car would drive me nuts. Makes me look forward to the drives more..!
I just think of all the £££ I could pocket until next year and what could be sat on the drive in its place.

I bought and sold from auctions for a few years not so long back so would probably buy and flip a few cheap re around in the interim.

I am puzzled with the second hand car market at the moment on where it is exactly.

On the one hand, manufacturers have been in shut down so there is a back log on new cars, so people who don't want to wait buy second hand nearly new, so prices stay buoyant. Also, I have read that dealers are replacing stock more cautiously so there is actually higher demand than supply.

On the other hand, in a very general sweeping statement, people will have less money to buy cars with more and more redundancies to come, so there must be less demand coming on both new and used, forcing prices down to shift them off the show room floors.

WBAC seem to be paying good money for the FK8, so are confident of shifting them.

Long may it continue but I expect the covid impact to change the landscape soon
I rang my local Honda this week. Not interested in buying anything as they're overstocked and another call from the car buying group. Told me to snap WBAC hands off if I got fully price as they're not even going for that at auction.

However with having to get my exhaust put back to stock and taking the private plate off I think I'll miss the boat. I anticipate there will be a massive price change next week when the 70 reg is out.

Mines sitting at 26235 from them. I think you're the second to sell to them without them knocking it down. Very tempted!

The way I see it is that it’s going to take a nose dive at some point and my pcp has less than a year left. I wouldn’t be able to afford the balloon payment anyway and I’ve made back a decent chunk.
I enjoyed the car and can tick it off the list. Maybe I’ll sit it out till 2022...

If I get what they offered I'd get my deposit plus some change back. Had it for coming up at 18months so in the same way I've ticked the box.

It's a perfect all rounder but the biggest thing I miss is German quality!

If I get what they offered I'd get my deposit plus some change back. Had it for coming up at 18months so in the same way I've ticked the box.

Stage 2 to selling in the blink of an eye! :D

What do you mean by German quality, the infotainment?

What would you go for if you did sell?

I work in the used car market and most cars we are buying from Auction are getting £1000 - £2000 over book price.

We are selling cars faster than we can replace them at the moment.

The new car market is on its knee's and the used car market is booming!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I work in the used car market and most cars we are buying from Auction are getting £1000 - £2000 over book price.

We are selling cars faster than we can replace them at the moment.

The new car market is on its knee's and the used car market is booming!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

always had you as a bit of an Arthur Daley :D:p

Younger viewers may be puzzled..

What would you go for if you did sell?

Honestly no idea. I change my mind like my underpants.

I've looked at the new M135i. Maybe the motech edition or m performance bits added. Cracking deals on brand spankers but then I think will there be an M140i. Also looked at used RS3s.

As much as I'm supposed to be WFH for months I'm potentially getting a job offer through next week. Had it verbally but waiting for the formal one, it's been a slow burner, ongoing since March, nothing covid related. So if it comes through and if I accept, an arugably duller german motor seems attractive. As I'd be straight back to the office and doing longish commutes. That being said the FK8 service pack comes into its own in that context so who knows!

Either way I think I'll miss the WBAC boat when the 70 reg is days away.

Stage 2 to selling in the blink of an eye! :D

What do you mean by German quality, the infotainment?
I just can't help getting the itch, no jokes please. Had my last motor on a lease so was tied in for 3 years!

Infotainment is one thing. Build quality is a subjective thing I suppose but in comparison I didn't have a single rattle, knock or squeak from my Scirocco R in 3 years and 30k. The thing generally just felt solid and bullet proof. Maybe refinement is more appropriate than quality.

Yeah tried a few things, but just setting off with small revs like any other start on the road then get through 1st and second relatively quickly to avoid spinning then power in third, fourth, fifth

RS3s, m140s were ridiculously quick but not sure how much fun they were having as its launch control then steer a bit. I had my ‘paul walker fast need for furious speed’ changing gear jam on

Yeah tried a few things, but just setting off with small revs like any other start on the road then get through 1st and second relatively quickly to avoid spinning then power in third, fourth, fifth

RS3s, m140s were ridiculously quick but not sure how much fun they were having as its launch control then steer a bit. I had my ‘paul walker fast need for furious speed’ changing gear jam on

well i did this today...

wdog4Iw.jpg

UN5JNnc.jpg

UxkGy5a.jpg

a real fiddly pain in the ass to do, but definitely worth it 8)

Back