• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Some bad news...

So after owning my EP3 for 5 years I written it off Sunday night.

I'm really ****ed off about it, and to make things worse my insurers have offered me a **** poor amount. They offered only £2800 for a 2006 Premier Edition with less than 60k on the clock, apparently the "market value". It was in pretty good nick up until this.

Is there a way I can dispute this and possibly get a reasonable amount?

Thanks in advanced.

**** dude.

Don't worry about the offer. I was in the same boat with a low mileage 106 GTi wrote off (back in the day). After sending them examples of others for sale, they raised their offer by nearly half.

Make sure you ask for "salvage rights" and buy it back (for a couple of hundred quid). Then break it, or even sell it as it is.

Yeah I was thinking about having a quick look and sending them print screens of sales, because I've seen similar cars with double the mileage go for more money.

**** dude.

Don't worry about the offer. I was in the same boat with a low mileage 106 GTi wrote off (back in the day). After sending them examples of others for sale, they raised their offer by nearly half.

Make sure you ask for "salvage rights" and buy it back (for a couple of hundred quid). Then break it, or even sell it as it is.

Sound advice.

Do you have a broker between you and the insurer? If you do they should be able to help you negotiate a satisfactory settlement amount.

Back