• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Door sill kick plate lacquer removal

The sill kick plates that say'type r' on look like they have a plastic film on them which has discolored and I can see the lovely silver finish underneath.
Maybe someone has left the original film on them or that's how they came from the factory.
Has anyone removed this lacquer to get to the nice silver color underneath.

white spirit, nail polish remover, you could gently use a fine wire wool to apply any of those

Is that tried n tested or just something you might think would work.don't want to buy one to find it doesn't work and then try the other............it could get expensive

I've just bought my FN2 a week ago and I noticed a film over the top. I've peeled it of and yes it's a lovely satin finish. Only apparent problem is it seems water has gone underneath the film and sat for a while starting to make rust the edges and bubble slightly in the middle of the plate.

Where can I get replacements?
Are they just stuck down with 3m tape onto the black plastic backing which is clipped to the car??

Thanks

Discontinued from what I gather, there's also a set of illuminated ones but you have more chance of finding unicorn ***** than a set of those.

Have you tried gently rubbing them down with a green scouring pad and water in a length way motion then finish up with metal polish

Are there any suitable replacements kicking around on eBay that people use?

Or my best bet trying to scrub up what I have?

I've read that people are vinyl wrapping them and then placing stickers over the top?

Any links to stickers of the correct size??

Thanks

Back