• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

finding a decent EP3

Sounds great in the description and looks tidy in the pics....... And even checks out after a good chat on the phone........ but after a drive you arrive to find.......

Bad rust, tons of scratches/chips, poor paint jobs, seized calipers, oil leaks, dirty faded or worn seats, broken aircon, starter motor noises, whining aux pulleys, broken bonnet pulls etc etc.... amongst the many other faults !

This seems to be what you get if you go looking in the £3.5k 100k miles range for a facelift EP3, despite the owners assuring you they spent ages looking for their particular car, or that its really a very nice example for its age !

I thought I'd find a nice one for this budget, but so far it seems not to be the case....

Are people really paying between £4k and £5k or even more for nice one ????? and then well over £5k for low miles ?????

Looking for a nice standard facelift car in the southwest around Taunton (if possible) Anything out there ?

I paid 5k for my most recent one, 79thousand on clock, just shy of 12k worth of receipts with it. Serviced every 6 months by Honda. 05plate.

Just be patient, yes I have seen some real dogs when viewing

I paid 5k for my facelift ep3 05 plate. Had 110k miles on the clock but came with aload of paper work and it was what it said it was, fantastic condition. Even though it had a few owners its been well looked after.

I paid just north of 5k for a 55 plate with 70k on the clock. That was a year and a half ago. I spent 2k on my first, and was glad I shelled out the extra the second time around.

My ep3 was 5600 about 5 years ago, 2004 facelift, standard, very good condition and under 40k miles

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I spent months searching for a good EP3 nearly 6 years ago. Unfortunately many of these cars have fallen into bad hands. Also people’s opinion of ‘mint condition’ varies so much. To me it means close to showroom condition. To others it means it has 3 out of 4 wheels fitted....
6 years ago I paid £6k. 2005 EP3 cosmic grey with 47k miles. Totally standard apart from having premier edition seats fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent nearly a year finding my ep3, I’ve had it about four years now. It was £5500 , black premier edition with 77k on the clock, keep searching you will find a good one eventually but you might have to up your budget to between 5 - 6 k

I spent £3400 on mine and what I was re-assured that it was in spotless condition with very few age related marks, also had some nice mods on paper and great maintenance history. The only thing correct on that advert was the maintenance history....

So £4000 on top later and it is now how it should have been. So yes as above, look at cars above £5500 or around 5-6k in general and you should be ok. Also don't get so hung up on mileage, as that does not represent the condition or the way a car will drive.

Looks to be a good one on ebay, cosmic grey 54 plate with 89k and full mot. Starting bid of £1750

Forum member McR has a cosmic grey one for sale. No idea what sort of nick it is in but he mentioned it a few days ago on the FK2 board

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a satin silver pre-facelift on 85K miles with Full Service History, most recent work is all TGM including clutch and flywheel.
I’m thinking of selling it but it’s not proving an easy decision. It’s got decent breather mods, premier recaros and refurbed alloys wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s. I’ve spent a bit more than I wanted to...
It’s definitely got the bodywork of a 16 year old car but I can’t afford to do that (mechanical stuff is more important) and the starter motor continues running after you start it sometimes which is annoying!
What’s it worth please?

Depends how bad the bodywork is, but anything between £2.5-£3.5k.

I purchased my prem for 3800 miles are 126k but full main dealer history and clean ,just stone chips ,but it took a while to find one decent at this price ,but I was happy to spend this because of the condition inside and underneath

Yeh my thoughts exactly, £5k+ seems alot for a ep3. Could find a decent fn2 for that price but I don't like the look of it.

Yeh my thoughts exactly, £5k+ seems alot for a ep3. Could find a decent fn2 for that price but I don't like the look of it.

It's not a lot for the right car. EP3s are actually more valued than FN2s by enthusiasts so it totally depends on the market the car is trying to go for. If it is a totally umodified super low mileage one it can fetch some silly money, but to the right buyer it could be a bargain :)

It's not a lot for the right car. EP3s are actually more valued than FN2s by enthusiasts so it totally depends on the market the car is trying to go for. If it is a totally umodified super low mileage one it can fetch some silly money, but to the right buyer it could be a bargain :)

That is why I posted here, to get a better idea. The more I view it the more im tempted:rolleyes:

Love your build thread btw

Back