• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Dash cam

I'll be driving the car daily,and plus with the thinkware f770 you can set a voltage for it to cut off at,so I'm thinking if I set it to cut off at 12v all should be fine

I’d set the voltage slightly higher than 12v to prevent any issues.
Just to give you some rough figures for battery voltages to charge state
12.7v 100% charged
12.5v 80% charged
12.2v 50% charged
11.6v 0% charged

Hi,
Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes do offer discounts of up to 15% for the fitment of a HD dash cam.
Regards,
Dan.

Unfortunately, the guy who supplied the genuine Honda Option Connector plugs hasn't been seen since/posted for months.

I made an enquiry to a Honda employee who posts over at Civinfo but he refuses to reply.

The best course of action now is to use small, shielded, female spade connectors on the option connector pins. I hate piggybacking.

Hi,
Just to let you know that a number of our insurance schemes do offer discounts of up to 15% for the fitment of a HD dash cam.
Just out of curiosity, would there be any consequence if a claim was submitted(for whatever reason) and the dash cam was not running at the time or footage was not available?
I have often wondered about this where optional discounts are available.
For example I have a house alarm and my insurance company offers a small discount for having one, but I choose not to tell them just in case it happened to not be set when needed.

Pete you can by the on aliexpress but its knowing which plug is the correct one

I did find a Japanese site that on the face of it seems to be selling the genuine Option Connectors for all models.

However, no one has bought any so its a gamble.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/beltaworks/item/10002698/

The feedback I got from an 'insider' was that the connector for the N Box or N One 'appears' to be the 10G connector. Likewise the 'A' connector 'appears' to be the one I have in my 9G.

I did find a Japanese site that on the face of it seems to be selling the genuine Option Connectors for all models.

However, no one has bought any so its a gamble.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/beltaworks/item/10002698/

The feedback I got from an 'insider' was that the connector for the N Box or N One 'appears' to be the 10G connector. Likewise the 'A' connector 'appears' to be the one I have in my 9G.

Ok I have 1 x 9G Civic / CRV option connector and have sent an email to my supplier in china to see if this is something he can source plus asked about the 10G connection. If anyone has a 10G civic with a factory fitted optional extra using the option plug I would really appreciate it if you would unplug this for 2 minutes and supply photos of the lug as this would really help source a 10G plug as it would be easier than looking at the socket.

I cant figure out how to add a picture of this to help people looking but can confirm option A in the link posted by Pete is correct for a 9G Civic and 2015 CRV. I have also just shared the link with my LED supplier as this may help him locate me a supply.
P1010844.JPGP1010842.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we may be getting somewhere.

I far prefer an option plug to piggybacking or a female spade connector in the option area.

Looks like we may be getting somewhere.

I far prefer an option plug to piggybacking or a female spade connector in the option area.

Supply located of the option plug and will be ordering some on my next order, will now be looking at doing a true plug n bolt 9G footwell kit but this will add to the price.

Where's the best place to order this plug from then??????

Nowhere as I may have ordered 100 but at the moment I have

1. checked they are 100% correct (pretty sure they are)
2. have these in my possession
3. decided on a price as this will vary massively if I have to send them as a small parcel due to thickness
4. decided if I will even sell them separately as to be fair I have purchased these for my footwell kits

Please bear in mind all the above and the hours I work plus the fact I also pay my share to HMRC on all my profits unlike some, this again as an impact on the price as for sure if I was to only make £2-£3 profit on these they certainly are not worth any of the effort or the amount I have had to outlay in buying 100 of them. I have also been informed they are 100% genuine and made in Japan ;)

If I can get a photo of a 10G plug I also suspect I can get these as well

I'm quite sure that owners will pay the going price for these as they are by far the best and safest way to connect accessories IMO.

You could do the owners of DashCams and SatNavs a big service by selling them (here and at Civinfo) separately.

I'm quite sure that owners will pay the going price for these as they are by far the best and safest way to connect accessories IMO.

You could do the owners of DashCams and SatNavs a big service by selling them (here and at Civinfo) separately.

Its the hassle to be fair Pete, I sell a kit and I pack all items to a paypal payment so that I do not make mistakes (please appreciate on a good day I could have 10-15 payments to go though) the problem is people simply do not read payment details so send money with no information and expect me to waste time trying to match usernames to real names and payments. I used to do this but then when I make a mistake it then costs me more time and money to rectify this all because someone failed to supply the information requested. I know to some this will sound like I am total arsehole but you have to appreciate the fact I get multiple payments for the same amount daily and I get up around 5am in the morning pack items and I am usually at work for around 6:30am, I work all day and then get home normally anywhere between 4 and 5pm as a rule. Once I get home I then start packing items again for around 1-2 hours at this time of the year so normally I don't get to sit down and relax until around 8pm. I simply do not have the time for these hassles and a perfect example was a guy 2 weeks ago who sent the payment 3 times and was refunded 3 times as he simply did not understand that I wanted the information what the payment was for included with the payment so no mistakes where made and the buyer got the correct order. (I don't think he ever bought his 10G CTR footwell kit so for sure thinks I am a arsehole or something like that)

This is why I am now letting John (Loxy / TRO) take over all my forum sales as it is 100% hassle free and a 5 minute packing / booking in the sale for the accountant for the HMRC paper trail for tax as all the information is correct and provided with the payment as it should be and it also helps to provide a fund towards the running cost of the club. I may sell these seperatly but for sure if I do it will be after a chat with John which will also include a commission as this simply works so much easier but at the moment I need to be 100% sure what I have is correct but the signs are looking good as you can see from my images of one I have in stock and the image supplied by my LED supplier.

I also have to mindful with having to buy 100 units if I do not price these right it could take me 6 - 12 months just to get my money back never mind cover postage and make a profit which will all be a factor in the price.

Attachments

• wiring harness plug Honda.jpg
    wiring harness plug Honda.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010842.JPG
    P1010842.JPG
    881 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010844.JPG
    P1010844.JPG
    897.7 KB · Views: 13
Maybe an online form where they have to fill in the details you need, rather than rely on buyers sending you details, or not, in a PM ?

Nowhere as I may have ordered 100 but at the moment I have

1. checked they are 100% correct (pretty sure they are)
2. have these in my possession
3. decided on a price as this will vary massively if I have to send them as a small parcel due to thickness
4. decided if I will even sell them separately as to be fair I have purchased these for my footwell kits

Please bear in mind all the above and the hours I work plus the fact I also pay my share to HMRC on all my profits unlike some, this again as an impact on the price as for sure if I was to only make £2-£3 profit on these they certainly are not worth any of the effort or the amount I have had to outlay in buying 100 of them. I have also been informed they are 100% genuine and made in Japan ;)

If I can get a photo of a 10G plug I also suspect I can get these as well

10G plugs inbound and should have them in January, footwell kits will soon be pure plug n play oem sytle if people are willing to pay the extra
civic plug-1.jpgcivic plug-2.jpg

Please note on 9G Civic, 10G Civic and CRV if you solder wires as shown to the light above the mirror your dash cam powers up as soon as you unlock the car and stay on until you lock the car and is protected by the lighting 10A fuse under the bonnet. 10 minute installation full stop no messing
20171222_135510.jpg

Back