• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Track Day Booked - Need to get some stuff done

McR

Right good people of type R land.

Bedford booked for Dec 11th

My car as purchased:

1-Eibach ProKit Springs
2-JDM rear anti roll bar
3-Tegiwa cat back exhaust
4-Tegiwa intake
5-Solid Fabrications exhaust manifold and sports cat (passed MOT)
6-K100 ECU remap on 95 RON fuel by Romain Levesque (well known and respected Honda tuner)
7-Engine Mount inserts
8-Black painted calipers

Not been serviced since 2015 as far as I can see but only done 3k in that time.

I think I want to beef up the brakes a but - not BBK but just see how she runs as its my first track day in it.

So I think I need to do the following:

1) Oil Change - Millers CFS
2) Brake Fluid Change (which one)
3) PBS Pads (I raised a separate thread on brakes - thanks for responses)
4) Maybe new discs dependant on existing ones
5) Braided lines (HEL?)

Now the service history of the car (I have just been flicking through it) was all Honda up unitl last in 2015 where a few mods were done. The car is exceptionally clean. I was going to take it to my local garage for the work as it is just a Honda at the end of the day. Or do you guys thing different. If so where in Surrey would you recommend?

I've got a set of used 888's for the track day on a spare set of EP3 wheels.

Idle control valve is smegged - due to it being sat for a while - I think it needs a clean out with carb cleaner - some on order.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it hasn’t been done or been done for a while. Get the geometry set up correctly.
Other than that everyone else you’ve mentioned is all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - yes prior owner had it set-up with 'fast street' set-up - only a couple of k ago.

I'll see how it runs and how I get on with it. If I like it I'll get some coil-overs put on it.

Seems you have most of it covered. It will be worth getting some Motul RBF600 brake fluid and doing a fluid change while you're at the brakes.

Might be worth getting the engine coolant changed as well if it's been sitting there since 2015 as it degrades over time and with track use the car gets a little warmer than normal.
I had the engine managment light on for coolant once as I did not change coolant for two years and was ragging it on track. Changed the coolant and its been fine since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry if it's not idling right after being stood. It's normal. Give it a smash through vtec a few times and it'll settle down.

I would also check history and see if it requires a gearbox oil change, I believe that is due at 75k. I would use the Honda mtf 3 oil.

HEL or Goodridge brake lines are good quality, no experience of them on an ep3 but have fitted both brands to many motorbikes over the years.

Good service, check geo, tyre pressures, brakes as said and enjoy.

Might be worth getting the engine coolant changed as well if it's been sitting there since 2015 as it degrades over time and with track use the car gets a little warmer than normal.
I had the engine managment light on for coolant once as I did not change coolant for two years and was ragging it on track. Changed the coolant and its been fine since.

Good point - I had focused on the oil.

Don't worry if it's not idling right after being stood. It's normal. Give it a smash through vtec a few times and it'll settle down.

I've done 100+ miles in it and it's improved - I'm sure the track day will fix it. If I get time I'll take the valve off an clean it.

I would also check history and see if it requires a gearbox oil change, I believe that is due at 75k. I would use the Honda mtf 3 oil.

HEL or Goodridge brake lines are good quality, no experience of them on an ep3 but have fitted both brands to many motorbikes over the years.

Went for HEL - got a 15% off discount code - carbon finish looks great. Gearbox oil was changed only a couple of k ago.

Good service, check geo, tyre pressures, brakes as said and enjoy.

It had a fast road set-up in about the last 1.5k and as far as I know its not been on track.

I have weidly had 2 lights come on the dash both just once and briefly.

1) EPS
2) Engine Management light

No stored codes on to OBD2

The steering can feel a bit resisted on initial turn in but I was thinking that this is just the electric rack - thoughts?

Back