• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 FN2 paint correction and ceramic coating

£305 on professionally detailing my Honda FN2. Full paint correction, polish and ceramic coating.
e491820584ea539456281b336aaf63d5.jpg
e26566a4302ba48d01481e895462750b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Full 2 stage paint correction and ceramic coat by a professional detailer. Came out amazing!
ee21d132f98347cf6328a65d5e93c12f.jpg
72be093219cdaa5220c40cd448976d3a.jpg
fd7db5645f6f81b7e186960b730b52ca.jpg
93375a718cc6fef396595e8d1c3f8c24.jpg
2cf2d93333b145ed721d073952faab59.jpg

That's come out looking fantastic! Deep Bronze really pops in the sun. :smt023

:lol:

Loving the plate

Saw a Golf R yesterday with '6olf R.' It was from the back as it shot off into the distance like a stabbed rat. Was never going to race you mate!!! (but id have you on the track...!)

Simply stunning,how many hours was that?
Thank you Steve.

Mike worked on the car all day Saturday (dropped of Friday ) and from morning till 2pm Sunday when it was picked up about 3pm.
Overall he easily dedicated over 12 hours of his time.

This looks amazing. Roughly how long does this last? Thinking about getting this done on my black ep3
Thank you mate, when looked after (wash technique) this should easily last 4-5 years. I have been recommended a shampoo which keeps the coating topped up so as long as i don't use products that can damage the coating. Cquk comes very highly recommended.

Def get it done mate! Your ep3 will look like new and washing will be easier as everyday grime won't stick to the paintwork meaning it could just rinse off.

Where abouts do you live?

Here is the writeup Mike did in regards to the work done on my car.

"Well... that was car number 2 for this week... Commander glad you liked it, it certainly looked stunning in the end!!!

The Type R was booking in for a 2 stage correction, with the car being of a darker colour and with the soft Honda paint, only a 2 stage would do. The process went a little like this, wheels were cleaned with ValetPro Bilberry first along with the arches, the car was then prewashed with Bilt Hamber Auto Wash allowed to dwel then rinsed. Then a 2BM with CarPro Reset shampoo and a microfibre madness wash mitt for that added safety while touching the paintwork. After the next rinse a full decontamination was carried out, first with CarPro TarX, then Angelwax Revelation to both the bodywork and alloys. After which the paintwork was clayed using the Angelwax Glide Sponge and CarPro Ech2o as the lubricant. The alloy wheels and door jams at this point were sealed using Gyeon Wet Coat for extreme beading and self clean abilities.

The vehicle was then throughly rinsed before being air dried and then after using CarPro Fat Boa towels and again CarPro Ech2o. After which the paintwork was put under inspection lighting with spot lamps and the Rupes Swirl Torch to find what defects were present, after initial inspections and compound testing Koch Chemie H8 and a yellow Rupes foam pad was chosen to give the best result for cutting, and a white Rupes foam pad and Angelwax Perfect Polish for refinement, the machines that would be used was DAS6 Pro Plus, Vertool 12e and the ShineMate EP803 Mini Rotary.

Then the lengthy process of the cutting was undertaken to all external bodywork, including the headlights & taillights. This process was fraught with rain but we kept dry with our RockAwnings Explorer 4.5x3 gazebo, in the end of the day the cutting was complete and time for a break.
In the morning, the vehicle was air dried due to rain over night and then given a waterless wash with CarPro Ech2o as only rain water was evident, after which the polishing was undertaken to restore the clarity/gloss and wet look to the car from which the compound could do only so far.

After this all the tape was removed from the vehicle and thoroughly wiped down with CarPro Eraser to remove all remaining polish and oils to ensure a proper bond with the coating. But before the coating was undertaken the customer had provided some touchup paint which was used to touch up the majority of stone chips along with door edges etc.

After a brief break to allow the paint to dry and a cuppa the coating process begins... here CarPro CQUK was chosen as the coating in which was then applied to all external bodywork, trims and scuttle bay. After the application and cure time of each panel it was wiped with a clean fresh microfibre cloth then the CarPro Swede cloth was used to level the product and ensure a flawless finish.

After this application process was complete a 1hr wait must be completed before CarPro Reload was applied as a protectant and water repelant for the coating, during this time, glass was cleaned inside/out with Gyeon Glass and front/rear exterior sealed with Angelwax H2Go and tires were dressed in CarPro Perl.

And final bit, a bit of tooth pickery to ensure all the compound/polish is removed from the cracks and crevices to give that flawless look.
In the end, the vehicle looked stunning with a glossy wet look and the bronze paint flake relay shined in the sunlight!...

Loving the plate

Saw a Golf R yesterday with '6olf R.' It was from the back as it shot off into the distance like a stabbed rat. Was never going to race you mate!!! (but id have you on the track...!)
Thanks mate! Haha never raced anything and being a copper it's way too risky anyway. Golf R's certainly are rapid but just too boring!

Back