• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Brake Hold

Just a heads-up

It seems that brake hold only works if you have your seat belt buckled !

A 10G owner unfastened his seat belt to access his carpark card, inside coat pocket, and the car started rolling backwards. When he checked he found the system inoperative with no brake hold light until he fastened his seat belt again.

Another owner posted that the salesman warned him about that, so it's a known 'feature'

What was wrong with the century old handbrake lever ?

I just tested it. Seat belt on, handbrake off, brake hold on. If you take off seat belt, handbrake comes on for def. I reckon if it was a bug on the normal civic they have now fixed it.

I just tested it. Seat belt on, handbrake off, brake hold on. If you take off seat belt, handbrake comes on for def. I reckon if it was a bug on the normal civic they have now fixed it.

was about to say the same.

handbrake comes on the moment i unbelt.

i call weird tech failure or BS on that story.

Under the following conditions, the [Automatic Brake Hold] system automatically cancels, and the parking brake is applied:
• Braking is kept for more than 10 minutes.
• The driver’s seat belt is unfastened.
• The engine is turned off.
• There is a problem with automatic brake hold system.
• The battery is disconnected.

I have break hold on all the time and I wish it would remember for when I start the car again.When I didn't I forgot/failed to properly apply the ebrake and it started rolling a couple of times. Great on hill starts also....

long live brake hold, we salute you.

I didn't explain it quite right.

I'm on brake hold, but need to open my coat to access my carpark fob - which requires I remove the seat belt ....

I 'fob' the gate, it opens, but the car's handbrake is on!! Why?

Start / Stop had stopped the motor, so I declutch to restart, it's on a slight incline (upwards) so I release the handbrake (private land so wasn't too bothered about replacing the seatbelt - BAD MOVE!!)
Brake Hold isn't working!! I push the button - no light.
Handbrake is on again.
Then I see the seatbelt sign - you need to fasten your seatbelt before the now-excellent-idea of brake hold will work - NEARLY rolled into the car behind.

Damned 'safety' features!!

Hopefully makes better sense.

your mistake was releasing the handbrake.

just drive. it'll release automatically (with the seat belt on of course)

now you know why it had come on though you won't make the mistake of releasing it ;)

although why you released your brandbrake without your foot already on your brake i don't know..

In normal handbrake cars I wouldn't release it without my foot on the brake, wouldn't in this car either.

Handbrake should also come on if you was to open the drivers door with autohold in operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back