• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear arb question

Hi guys
I've just purchased a rear arb for my fn2 and have a couple of questions
First, how easy is it change? Is it a job for me in my garage or abp
Second, I was planning on fitting this and getting a fast road set up done but someone told me yesterday that it's a waste of time replacing the arb because I haven't lowered the car. Any truth in this, have I just wasted £200?
Cheers
Steve

Whiteline%20Automotive%20-%20Honda%20Civic%20Type%20R%20FN2%20Rear%20ARB%20kit.jpg

So long as you're happy dealing with possibly rusted nuts/bolts, and you have the tooling necessary to get the rear end of your car safely off the ground while you're under it, it's an easy job.

For the FRSU you're going to need camber bolts for the front and shims for the rear, if you get it done by someone like ABP no doubt they can provide those for you.

There's no need to lower the car. If you are going to lower it anyway though it's better to get hat done first since you'd need the FRSU adjusting/reapplying at that point, which means you'd be paying again.

The ARB was a good modification for the EP3, I have no idea how much of an impact it has on the FN2 though, sorry. Maybe someone like Loxy will pop in and let you know later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sceptical when I heard they had produced a rear ARB for a car with torsion beam on the rear but according to people that got one fitted it did make a difference to how keen the car was to turn into corners. I wasn't one of those who fitted one however.

I was sceptical when I heard they had produced a rear ARB for a car with torsion beam on the rear but according to people that got one fitted it did make a difference to how keen the car was to turn into corners. I wasn't one of those who fitted one however.

If it's anything like the difference it makes to an Astra VXR and which is similar set up it will be a very good addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fn2 has a white line RARB fitted with otherwise standard suspension and the car handles superb on the road.
I haven’t tried the car without the RARB fitted, but I’m sure it has no detrimental effects.

Depends on how handy you are and what tools you have but fitting should be pretty easy. The bar mounts clamp to the beam and the ends locate with brackets that bolt through the lower spring cups.

Last edited by a moderator:
My fn2 has a white line RARB fitted with otherwise standard suspension and the car handles superb on the road.
I haven’t tried the car without the RARB fitted, but I’m sure it has no detrimental effects.

Depends on how handy you are and what tools you have but fitting should be pretty easy. The bar mounts clamp to the beam and the ends locate with brackets that bolt through the lower spring cups.

Same as the Astra. I think a RARB is a must do mod with any set up with a rear beam

Take it off and I'm pretty sure you'd notice the difference.

Torsion beam rear axle are designed to twist and change the geometry of the wheels to improve handling/steering.
Adding a roll bar may change the way it flexes which in turn could cause worse handling.
Increasing rear spring rate would be the best way to reduce excessive roll on the rear.

ARB positioning.

Hi All,

Have I fitted the ARB correctly please? - I forgot to take a photo before I removed it!

Attachments

• IMG_4273.JPG
    IMG_4273.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4274.JPG
    IMG_4274.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 25
I originally re-fitted the ARB upside down when I replaced the drop-links. I have removed it and fitted it properly - as shown in today's photo.

It's easy to install it upside down with the car jacked-up - I forgot to take photos before I removed it originally - DOHH!!

Back