• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I was at VAG Tuner Live last Sunday, VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda tuners show etc. Scorpion exhausts were there with numerous cars fitted with their stainless steel exhausts systems including an RS3 and Golf R. I was there as I have a Skoda family car as well as the wifes Type R.

What is interesting to the group is they had their Type R demonstrator there as well with the new exhaust system on it. When Alan (head of engineering) started it up I thought it sounded wonderful, not too noisy and tinny like I have heard some, just a more purposeful standard system. He said the system is finished and in production.

Anybody else heard this system as I am very tempted I have to say.

Being stainless it is much lighter than the standard Honda one. Tailpipes can be had with different ends, Carbon looked very good. Back cut and slightly bigger.

https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/news/fk8-honda-civic-type-r-exhaust-released/

My experience of Scorpion is they are pretty poor.

Had one on a car once and compared to others for that car sounded poor and wasnt particularly well made.

All after markets will be lighter than the factory one.

As you do, driving to Brooklands Weybridge on Saturday, in the red FK8 and blue FK8 races up behind me and pulls in where I pull in and parks up. Stops just for a chat. Young lad gets out (well younger than me) and we have a chat about the car. Long term purchaser of Type R motors and loves the brand. Tells me some stuff I didn't know and went over some stuff that I did.

Pipes come up in conversation. His car is running an HKS Legamax Premium with the 2 pipes. I have to say it looked and sounded superb. I know my above post suggested Scorpion but this is where its at I think. ;)
https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/muffler/db/19936

As you do, driving to Brooklands Weybridge on Saturday, in the red FK8 and blue FK8 races up behind me and pulls in where I pull in and parks up. Stops just for a chat. Young lad gets out (well younger than me) and we have a chat about the car. Long term purchaser of Type R motors and loves the brand. Tells me some stuff I didn't know and went over some stuff that I did.

Pipes come up in conversation. His car is running an HKS Legamax Premium with the 2 pipes. I have to say it looked and sounded superb. I know my above post suggested Scorpion but this is where its at I think. ;)
https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/muffler/db/19936

That’s the one I have on mine. Great exhaust.

7056954d04c38c7c0dbc107cbf8baeef.jpg

Nope I a friend of mine called James also has a blue one with an eventuri and hks. It could have been him..

Edit - just asked him and it was him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope I a friend of mine called James also has a blue one with an eventuri and hks. It could have been him..

Edit - just asked him and it was him.

Yes now you mention his name, I remember he was a James. Enjoyed chatting to him about the mods to his car. He also suggested the PRL intercooler. Will drop some cash on one of those as well.

Found myself going around in circles with regards to the exhaust. Remus was my first choice, but throw in the carbon tips and sound controller and it's £2k which is crazy money when I paid £750 for a fully valved system on my Focus RS. HKS would have been on the list but couldn't live with the look of the dual tip setup.. Milltek sounds great but I haven't been impressed with their build quality on a couple of products in the past.

I am starting to think that the Invidia R400 offers the best value for money - burnt titanium tips and what appears to be a beautiful construction, but from what I can gather when it's decatted it's quite loud.

Bottom line is that none of the exhausts have really hooked me because I don't think the car sounds that great unfortunately :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The dual tips look really good (from a previously concerned buyer)

Though I may be selling it very soon ..

The dual tips look really good (from a previously concerned buyer)

Though I may be selling it very soon ..

No doubt that they probably look loads better in the flesh, but it's just to much money for me to not be 100%.

Not having any problems with this car I hope?

Assuming you are talking about a BMW M2 - The M2 is no faster than an a M240i in a straight line, or is possibly slower mid range in normal day to day driving, but the money goes on better handling, brakes, etc. It also looks better with a wider track and flared arches.

BMW have been heavily discounting the last of the discontinued M2 models and there are some very good deals out there, and used prices are getting near to new FK8 money.

Personally I wouldn't buy a used or pre registration M2 because I would always be wishing that I'd waited for the M2 Competition replacement, and that's the car the M2 should have been from the start.

Well i'm in the market for an Exhaust and love the Remus with valve controller but don't love the cost, are there any other valved exhausts out there or will having a resonated system allow for quiet around town but loud when blasting around the local B roads.

its a lot of money and don't want to make a big mistake and get a droner that sounds like a bee in a can at start up.

Happy to hear others experiences.

Regards
Baz

You may have already seen this thread https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/best-exhaust-for-civic-type-r.35119/ and a few more on there

When I was looking it was a toss up between miltek part res and the remus. Miltek got good reviews with a nice burble around town and more aggression when pressing on. Can’t tell you how many YouTube clips watched, but nothing is like hearing in person. So few opportunities to do so, but bumped into an owner at a show with then Remus, that was it sealed.

I have Dotty old HKS exhaust on, been really pleased with it, it’s not loud in your face but enough to make it sound better idle and on throttle. Fits in the exhaust slot nicely too, but if expecting a turn in the street look at me type exhaustion not for you. I run with the CAT, I find the defat sounds a bit too buzzy.

The hks is a decent system. I wouldn’t run a milltek again (if I had an fk8) - well not the race system .. I think I’d be looking at another HKS or Fujitsubo .. Remus belongs to German cars (IMO) :lol:

That being said, I quite liked the standard system.

Back