• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Why is there no "Like" button?

I recently became a member and thought it was strange that there is no "Like" button.
Before I asked this question I searched to see if somebody else had already asked it, and sure enough they had but it was over 6 years ago, so I thought it more appropriate to start a new thread.
Most other forums have separate Like and Thanks buttons, but when there is only one it is usually a Like button because this can be appropriate in more instances. It is unusual to only have a Thanks button.
I could Like a post but it would not necessarily be appropriate to say Thanks. To give an example - if a post is intended to be humorous or there is a joke that not everybody might get, it would be much more appropriate to show my Like of this post rather than say Thanks. There are many more instances where Like would be more appropriate than Thanks.
If it is possible to add a Like button I am sure it will be used often. :)

Ron, it’s because we’re all thankers and we don’t like your posts ;)

Because this isn't Facebook?
Quite correct, it's not.....and neither are all the other forum sites with a Like option. :)
This is simply about giving a choice of appropriate acknowledgement, it has nothing to do with Facebook as far as I am concerned. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good man Ron. About time someone brought this up.

I think we should leave the thumb up symbol and get rid of the "thanks". Equality for thanks and like. Get rid of both.

You could just be thankful it gave you a chuckle......now if only you could show your thanks for that??????
I "Like" the post because it was quite witty and made me laugh, but I do not consider it to be a "useful post" that it would be appropriate to say Thanks for.
Yourself along with a few others here seem to be set against having a Like option, but I can guarantee it would be used just as much, if not more than Thanks.
As I said it is simply about providing a choice of appropriate acknowledgement.
Most other forum sites offer both options.

If you view the forum on Tapatalk, the thanks that a post receives are displayed as a heart with a number next to it. How would that make you feel?

If you view the forum on Tapatalk, the thanks that a post receives are displayed as a heart with a number next to it.
How would that make you feel?
I don't use Tapatalk and have no plans to ever use it, so the question is not relevant to me.
Is this an important thing that Tapatalk users value, which would in some way be detrimental to them if a Like option was introduced and used more than Thanks?
Is this the reason why some people here are against the introduction of a Like option?
I am just trying to understand peoples position on this. :)

Is this the reason why some people here are against the introduction of a Like option?
I am just trying to understand peoples position on this. :)

Well, you come to the forum, have 11 posts at last count (most of them related to this), don't know the audience, etc. Why change something that isn't broken? Is a `Like` button somehow a requirement? This isn't FB.

Is this an important thing that Tapatalk users value, which would in some way be detrimental to them if a Like option was introduced and used more than Thanks?

Absolutely not, it’s never worried me enough to even think about it to be honest. I was merely pointing out the different format that they are presented in when using the app.

You feel really strongly about this don't you :lol:
To be honest its not really a big deal. :)
I am just putting forward a suggestion and countering what people say with well thought out and polite discussion.
I think this forum is the odd one out so to speak in not having a Like button.

I think we should add these

b66c6e326e2490b4c06c722a6021f2ef.jpg

Well, you come to the forum, have 11 posts at last count (most of them related to this), don't know the audience, etc. Why change something that isn't broken? Is a `Like` button somehow a requirement? This isn't FB.
I'm sorry I didn't realise my member status had anything to do with permission to ask certain questions. If nobody had replied I wouldn't have made another post on the subject. ;)
As a new member to this particular forum I maybe have a fresher perspective than people who have been here for years.
As I said before this has nothing to do with facebook in my opinion.
I do apologise though, I will try to toe the line in future. :smt053

Back