• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Why is there no "Like" button?

I'm sorry I didn't realise my member status had anything to do with permission to ask certain questions. If nobody had replied I wouldn't have made another post on the subject. ;)

I was terse, and for that I apologise. My intended message is that proposing something without it being obvious to you how the existing system works feels a little premature.

I do apologise though, I will try to toe the line in future. :smt053

This isn't about blending in, toeing the line or conforming in any way, it's about requesting a change (or even addition of functionality) that means someone (one of the founders/maintainers) needs to add to an existing framework and then maintain even when/if they upgrade for security reasons.

Many people don't understand the work involved in IT projects, it's not just "hey, add a like button", there's a lot more to it than that.

So, apologies for the grumpy initial response, it's been a long week.

I think most members now know what point people are trying to get a cross with the thanks button.

If its a funny post, then the know they're hitting the thanks button cause they laughed.

If its a helpful post, they're hitting the thanks button to show appreciation.

If its on the T&A thread then Geoff knows the score...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most members now know what point people are trying to get a cross with the thanks button.

If its a funny post, then the know they're hitting the thanks button cause they laughed.

If its a helpful post, they're hitting the thanks button to show appreciation.

If its on the T&A thread then Geoff knows the score...

I like this post, thanks.

It's due to the oppression of the Catholic Church.

"Thanks be with you."

"And also with you."

I don't think stock vBulletin has a 'like' feature.

The only way it was implemented 'over there' was when it was changed into a vBulletin/AutoGuide hybrid. And - trust me, that hybrid implementation has caused so many problems.

You also get small clicky groups thanking every post they make to raise their 'like' stats.

I am thankful that this thread has entertained me far more than it should have.

That sounded quite American giving thanks....

Back