• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What and when to buy?

Just bought a new one...

CBC0B30D-33E0-4604-B793-B7FD5B702139_zpstj6v3kej.jpg

Very interested in that. :)
Who makes it, what scale is it, and where did you get it please? :)
I would love to see somebody like Minichamps do a 1:18 scale model of the FK8. It wouldn't be cheap but would be awesome! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of models available now. That one above is the Honda Official model. It was given out to a few very lucky customers when a new car was purchased. They are for sale on eBay for 120+ and only come in Champ White.

There is also the Ebbro version which is 1/43 scale so smaller. This fetches around 50 and comes in all the colours.

There are a couple of models available now. That one above is the Honda Official model. It was given out to a few very lucky customers when a new car was purchased. They are for sale on eBay for �120+ and only come in Champ White.

Yep. I managed to procure an official Honda one ¥11,800 (around £80). Apparently I’ve got the final unopened one.

They also had a red and a black one available. And an opened CW.

I’ll be in on Saturday 24th having the scheduled post-installation check up of my other car’s PPF, which is handy because I’ll see the Civic getting finished off at the same time. Other car was nose to tail Xpel PPF then ceramic’d but the Civic PPF will only be full front, high impact side areas, and roof (I can only assume we live near a seagull thoroughfare in Fife, that or there’s a lost albatross poooping on cars locally). Plus all-over ceramic, of course.

I’ll maybe see you to say hello in person if you’re planning to visit my new car on the 24th!

Neil

I went into the detailing place today as I was in Perth and since they had another FK8 Type R in for PPF and I fancied seeing it. Seemed well fitted and a fairly comprehensive kit. I was also interested in looking at the options of carbon wrap for the rear wing .... that's if I ever end up agreeing a deal with a car salesman :D

Back