• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What and when to buy?

This is true. The majority of people who buy on PCP never own or have any intentions of owning the car, so will not have any care about mechanical sympathy due to it always being under warranty. This is potentially worrying for subsequent owners.
Of course there will always be exceptions to this, I am certainly not tarring everybody with the same brush. :) Some people pay the optional final payment and keep the car, but this is rare.
Outright car ownership is very much in the minority these days, but its the only way I have ever done it. Sure it probably costs me more money, but I like the feeling of actually owning my own car. :)

Ive got my FK2 on PCP and have throughly looked after it, and I’ve no intention on giving it back when the 3 year deal is up. I love the car. I don’t care about losing money. Nobody buys a car to make money, iI bought it as a practical toy, which it serves me as.

However when reading stuff like this I feel stupid for wanting to keep the car...

was the same for me when negotiating on the FK8 the salesman couldn't fathom why I'd actually want to own the car. "surely you'll just want to jump in a brand new one every 3 years"....no actually I'd like to say to folks that this hunk of metal whether you like the looks or not is 100% mine, I don't own just half while the other belongs to some bank, so if I want to take it on a track, drive like a hoon around the nurburgring or paint my alloys Pink then that's my choice.

what worries me more is the whether PCP could be the next finance bubble that could burst especially for all those families paying £500+ for a high end diesel that the government is only going to start turning the screw on fuel and VED to get them off the road. Worst still for the families relying on said vehicle should circumstances dramatically change (job loss, health problems, etc) and they need to ditch the reliable motor and have very little savings to trade down.

I get the man maths, I get the fact that cars are maybe not built to last for 10+ years like they used too. but for me ownership gives you the most flexibility and I dare suggest you'll likely look after your car just that little better to ensure your asset value is as high as it can be.

Ive got my FK2 on PCP and have throughly looked after it, and I’ve no intention on giving it back when the 3 year deal is up. I love the car. I don’t care about losing money. Nobody buys a car to make money, iI bought it as a practical toy, which it serves me as.

However when reading stuff like this I feel stupid for wanting to keep the car...

Fair play to you. As with any generalisation there is always exceptions! :)

No-one else is going to buy yours though since you aren't going to sell, so these good examples might be a rare find on the market.

I only think they do the standard model so they can say 'Starting from' so list price looks low in comparisons...

Whats that thing on the dash?

Ron240 - good to see you on this forum, saw you were mainly on Civinfo.... What date did you get your vin number? :p

Prices are dropping as expected. Most are the 17 plate demo's which is fine. Seen a few 67 plates, wasn't one red one someone here rejected for paint issues?

I'm hoping by March there will be some deals. That's when I'm aiming to buy one

I only think they do the standard model so they can say 'Starting from' so list price looks low in comparisons...
Ron240 - good to see you on this forum, saw you were mainly on Civinfo.
What date did you get your vin number?
Yes I reckon that's exactly why they do it. It was the same with the Focus ST1, 2, and 3.....Ford ended up dropping the Mk.3 ST1 altogether because nobody was buying it. :lol:
I joined Civinfo in 2010, but then went on to spend much more time on ST Owners Club. I don't know your username so maybe you used a different one on Civinfo?
To be honest I didn't even look at my VIN number till after I took delivery of my car. My car was delivered to the dealer on 7th August and I test drove it for the first time on 12th August. Does this help you at all to disprove my assumption? ;)

Yes, that looks a good buy...the problem is I don't trust dealers to state the present mileage with demos that are still being run day to day,but well worth an enquiry if that colour appeals.

or trust one with 0 eBay Feedback....brand new dealer or scam advert?

I thought they purposely slashed the FK2 prices after release ready for the fk8 but looking at some of the prices popping up probably means I was wrong

Numbers built of the FK8 will mean it will depreciate way more than the limited amount of FK2 that were sold in uk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No it won’t. The FK8 is the better car so why would someone want an FK2 over one?

Back