• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What and when to buy?

Not sure what carbon extras is.....but the description of the wing says - "The center blade of the spoiler is made out of real carbon fibre featuring a red accent"
So again not sure what that is. :lol:

Not sure what carbon extras is.....but the description of the wing says - "The center blade of the spoiler is made out of real carbon fibre featuring a red accent"
So again not sure what that is. :lol:

The interior carbon pics I've seen have the red colour in with the carbon weave so lots of small red squares. Assume the spoiler blade is the same.

The interior carbon pics I've seen have the red colour in with the carbon weave so lots of small red squares. Assume the spoiler blade is the same.

It is ..
7080c0da86c9a5e5d6aed432d2c3a9f1.jpg

I've opted not to have a replacement car for the time being, and am going to wait a few weeks before deciding whether to replace. Just using Car Wow seems to be £1500 discounts available so think I can get a better deal than what I was on previously. Will also allow me to see some more details on the RS megane. There are some very tasty deals on new Cayman GTS as well. Lots to think about

I just read your reply on Pistonheads...!

I think you'd need to wait for the Trophy version surely? You wouldn't want to get the one below the best??

Also I am interested if the ownership experience didn't live up to your expectations, hence not getting another one immediately?

Also I am interested if the ownership experience didn't live up to your expectations, hence not getting another one immediately?

If I did get the RS megane, I would swap it for the trophy when released

In terms of ownership experience I didn't have the car long enough to truly bond with it to make a definitive judgement, but I would say I hadn't fallen in love with it. I think the car is quantitatively very very good - just a little lacking in character. No doubt an intake, and exhaust would massively improve things. I found the handling not as interactive as my previous RS megane either.

I would definitely consider another - I'm just not 'aching' to get back in to one as there are a few more options to consider. Also there is a prevalent 'scratched that itch' feeling - and whilst I didn't want the car written off it has given me the opportunity to potentially scratch a 'different' itch

Appreciate your answer. I think I am probably bang on with your thoughts as well. I adore my car but at the moment I am not in love with it like I was my old FRS. It needs a bit of character on the driving experience to match the character of its looks. Its soo very competent, I want to feel it getting to 75 mph in seconds without looking down and going oh, here now....

Appreciate your answer. I think I am probably bang on with your thoughts as well. I adore my car but at the moment I am not in love with it like I was my old FRS. It needs a bit of character on the driving experience to match the character of its looks. Its soo very competent, I want to feel it getting to 75 mph in seconds without looking down and going oh, here now....

That’s very interesting.

Your comment on the speed is bang on - it is fast, but doesn’t necessarily feel that fast. Honda s always used to feel fast because of the rising torque curve even if they weren’t that fast. S2000 springs to mind. The engine in the fk8 is more of a power plant - it shifts it down the road but does so linearly that it doesn’t feel exciting or rapid. It hasn’t got a great top end, or a great bottom end.

The most complimentary and equally negative comparison I draw is with a GTT. It feels like a mini GTR. Spectacularly quantifiable fast and technically breathtaking for a fwd but a bit emotionless.

I am conscious that the car might be a grower - I had an m3 v8 that I found really full but then ended up falling in love with.

I love Honda and I want to love the fk8

I also love my car....probably more how it looks than how it goes. :D
One thing I have been surprised about is how slow it seems in first gear....it just feels quite sluggish when picking away briskly.
It is a rocket when already moving, but my previous Focus ST "felt" quicker off the line.
This is backed up by the relatively slow 5.8 second time to 62mph. Yes I realise traction can be an issue, but a 316 BHP car should be a little bit quicker than that I think.
I don't use this type of performance very often because it is not good for the clutch or the tyres, but it would be nice to know the car is capable of it on paper. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FK8 0-62 is 5.5 seconds
EP3 0-62 is 6.6 seconds or 6.4 in facelift model

Just to add to that. The FK2 0-62 time 5.6. I did several attempts at this and got mostly 5.2 to 5.4 on MPS4S. Based on this the FK8 could be capable of a 5.2 on better tyres than the Conti's.

Having had a tuned FK2 and then going out in an FK8 I would argue the FK8 picks up a LOT quicker than the FK2.

One of the reasons behind my switch.

FK8 0-62 is 5.5 seconds
EP3 0-62 is 6.6 seconds or 6.4 in facelift model

Just to add to that. The FK2 0-62 time 5.6. I did several attempts at this and got mostly 5.2 to 5.4 on MPS4S. Based on this the FK8 could be capable of a 5.2 on better tyres than the Conti's.

Having had a tuned FK2 and then going out in an FK8 I would argue the FK8 picks up a LOT quicker than the FK2.

One of the reasons behind my switch.

I just went from what that guy said, 5.8. Don't shoot the messenger :lol:

Back