• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

If you're like me so many questions crop up when you jump into the CTR FK8 for the first time and you're presented with a futuristic dash layout with massive array of buttons, switches and system settings.

The dealer handover obviously can't cover everything that's in the War & Peace sized set of Navigation and Owners Manuals that come with the car.

So for those who don't understand what the manual is saying or maybe you're too lazy to RTFM, I thought why not have a post to ask your new FK8 owner questions and hopefully a helpful fellow forum member may respond with the answer, guidance or just giggle that you didn't spot the big START/STOP button to get the car fired up. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
so I'll start :lol:

anyone know how to reduce (but not mute completely) the AndroidAuto Google Maps navigation. it's very LOUD by default, I've found where to reduce the navigation guidance with the onboard Garmin navigation but not the Google/AA nav.

Also similarily how to adjust the weather from Fahrenheit (default) to Celsius. it doesn't seem configurable from the phone when attached to the car and the onboard AA menu system I couldn't seem to find any settings / configuration access.

and to share a great answer we had from Flaky_Bandit (thanks mate) on how to configure the Trip A/B meter reset settings;

Home > Vehicle > Meter Setup > Trip A/B Reset Timing
Options are:-
When Fully Refuelled
When Refuelled
When Ignition Turned Off
Manual Reset

Good thread.

I was going to start one of these actually.

Here’s a question

I’m sure I’ve had this display to show the “range” of fuel left rather than average speed.

Is there a way to toggle this back to range ?

It’s probably something obvious but I’ve explored most avenues to return it back to range..

Also how do you reset the lap timer etc.

Maybe I should dig out the manual

7cb2b143a51616d8d68fc760d66397d5.jpg

Great thread.... I have no answers only another question

Can you set it so that when you're playing music and the parking sensor or cross traffic warning beeps come on, the music mutes? I struggle to hear them then have to turn it down which is a faff because Honda thought a physical volume knob or mute button was sooo last decade...

so I'll start :lol:

anyone know how to reduce (but not mute completely) the AndroidAuto Google Maps navigation. it's very LOUD by default, I've found where to reduce the navigation guidance with the onboard Garmin navigation but not the Google/AA nav.

Also similarily how to adjust the weather from Fahrenheit (default) to Celsius. it doesn't seem configurable from the phone when attached to the car and the onboard AA menu system I couldn't seem to find any settings / configuration access.

Could the android auto nav volume be related the volume you have your phone set at?

4D1F9118-A230-46BB-B1D8-A7564203707F_zps2mxiyds8.jpg

It talks about reducing background noise but if you have ventilation on full blast, the car turns the ventilation down and up automatically so the microphone can pick up your command for each step. Very clever.

Can you set it so that when you're playing music and the parking sensor or cross traffic warning beeps come on, the music mutes? I struggle to hear them then have to turn it down which is a faff because Honda thought a physical volume knob or mute button was sooo last decade...

Doesn't seem you can. If the music's that loud, turn the warning alerts up instead.
Vehicle > Meter Setup > Alarm Volume Control

Could you please tell me what type of petrol you are using, since I read "recommended 98 octane min 95 octane"

Agreed on the volume knob but the 'mute' button is as simple as turning the audio off. Top right button on the display.

Agreed on the volume knob but the 'mute' button is as simple as turning the audio off. Top right button on the display.

A ha.... - is that a 'hard shut down' for want of a better phrase...or does it start up quickly after?

Petrol - Strictly Vpower or Ultimate

Could you please tell me what type of petrol you are using, since I read "recommended 98 octane min 95 octane"
This means you can happily use any petrol in the UK with no detrimental effects to your engine.
However with a lot of performance cars peak power is not achieved unless using higher octane fuel. Ford say the same thing with the Focus ST.
Personally I only use Shell V-Power like I did with my previous ST's. The power benefits don't bother me, but I have bought into the additional cleaning properties it is meant to provide. :lol: Plus I have a Shell Drivers Club card so get money off vouchers a couple of times a year as a wee bonus. :)

is that a 'hard shut down' for want of a better phrase...or does it start up quickly after?
Yes the lack of a mute or pause button did annoy me at first, but the Audio Off does the same job. It does shut it down completely, but when pressing the button again it starts up quickly where it left off. :)

ok so a quick trawl of t'interwebs tells me this is common to some other cars with AndroidAuto capability. That when you are listening to Spotify and have the music blaring out, the google maps app tells the phone to reduce the music level and play the navigation guidance at effectively the same volume you had your music set by the car (in my case - 'kin LOUD!). The car is not doing the audio mix here it's the phone!

And so I found a suggestion on how to set the navigation guidance to be not quite so intrusive without being muted altogether on the car (if you remember all the car offers on the screen is unmuted, muted and traffic alerts only).

The way to reduce the navigation guidance level is to go into Google Maps app on the phone (obv. not when the car is connected) and click > Settings > Navigation Settings > Voice Level - from here you can select "Normal, Softer, Louder". I've just set mine to Softer and it's MUCH better now.

now just need to figure why my weather info-bar on the AA screen displays in Fahrenheit.

Back