• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I'm sure it's very obvious, but in the picture i've linked below what does the indicator to the right of 'SPORT MODE' mean? (2 cars side by side) :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/Tuip95S.jpg

I presume it's a Road Sign indicator for No overtaking?? Although it pops up rarely, and on this occasion I was parked up and nowhere near any similar road signs.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to come on more on dual carriageways although it is the symbol for no overtaking as you probably know already.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

As far as I can tell the car has a front facing camera it detects road signs and displays them on the dash so your car must be picking up on a sign.

I'm sure it's very obvious, but in the picture i've linked below what does the indicator to the right of 'SPORT MODE' mean? (2 cars side by side) :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/Tuip95S.jpg

I presume it's a Road Sign indicator for No overtaking?? Although it pops up rarely, and on this occasion I was parked up and nowhere near any similar road signs.

Thanks

trv75, do we need a theory test refresher mate? :D

Ha probably, i'm so old I got my licence before you needed to do a theory test.

I don't think I worded my post very well. I thought that's what it was but didn't quite understand why its popping up when i'm parked up at work. It seems to come on randomly

Ha probably, i'm so old I got my licence before you needed to do a theory test.

I don't think I worded my post very well. I thought that's what it was but didn't quite understand why its popping up when i'm parked up at work. It seems to come on randomly

I think it might be picking up a 15 mph speed restriction in your work car park and the camera may've also seen a solid single/double white line which you may expect to see out on the road to say "do not overtake (cross this line)."

just about to take mine in for it's first "A" service. 10 months old, about 7500 miles (indicator still say 1200 to go but I'll be chewing through that in the next couple of weeks).

also asked about the updated fix for the front sensor parking issue (when it's wet/just-been-washed) and being told no fix yet for the Type R, they have found the fix for the standard civic with a new type of material for the sensor part of the bumper, but not confirmed the change for the FK8 yet. that said dealer is checking with Honda technical for any update/timeline.

anyone else with a FK8 had a proper fix to this problem yet?

just about to take mine in for it's first "A" service. 10 months old, about 7500 miles (indicator still say 1200 to go but I'll be chewing through that in the next couple of weeks).

also asked about the updated fix for the front sensor parking issue (when it's wet/just-been-washed) and being told no fix yet for the Type R, they have found the fix for the standard civic with a new type of material for the sensor part of the bumper, but not confirmed the change for the FK8 yet. that said dealer is checking with Honda technical for any update/timeline.

anyone else with a FK8 had a proper fix to this problem yet?
No, still waiting on a solution for my ctr and my wife's 1.0lt civic, supported to be a grille swap on her car.

Anyone else having problems with Android Auto/Spotify? Just recently i'm having to constantly reset my phone otherwise I just keep getting 'Spotify Doesn't seem to be working right now'.

I've messed about with loads of settings, re-installed both Apps. Still happening...:mad:

Anyone else having problems with Android Auto/Spotify? Just recently i'm having to constantly reset my phone otherwise I just keep getting 'Spotify Doesn't seem to be working right now'.

I've messed about with loads of settings, re-installed both Apps. Still happening...:mad:

it's all a bit random with mine and sometimes depends on whether the phone has all the recent updates (esp. with Spotify)

I often get voice response saying "you need to associate a Spotify account - please see google assistant". I think some of the errors are foo based default ones based on the fact the 3G/4G connection has dropped out. too much tech.......

*edit* some others have said certain type of connecting cables have also made a difference. I've never found this personally but it might be worth trying another / standard phone cable that came with your handset rather than any aftermarket ones.

Seems to be sorted now after last spotify update, you can all relax now! :)

Seems to be sorted now after last spotify update, you can all relax now! :)
Can you install the Spotify app on the head unit without having to hack it? Or are you using Spotify via your phone and Android play, if so I can't get that to work from my Note 9, any tips on getting it working please?

I'm not sure about installing on the head unit, personally I use Spotify via Android play. Setting it was very simple, just plugged it in and followed instructions on phone display. I'm using a Galaxy S9

I'm not sure about installing on the head unit, personally I use Spotify via Android play. Setting it was very simple, just plugged it in and followed instructions on phone display. I'm using a Galaxy S9
OK, I will give it another go then, thanks.

the 2019 model gets a physical volume knob and other buttons. As soon as I wrote that I realized UK hasn't got the 'upgrades' yet. Is yours brand new?

You soon get used to the infotainment in that I pretty much don't use it except for Talksport. just plug the phone in and use that for music and sat nav. Don't use the Garmin unless you like really tight backstreets and country lanes where instant death by tractor is inevitable.

Just as an update, my supposedly 'factory fresh' week old FK8 doesn't have a physical button for the volume on the stereo. Not something that really bothers me as, so far, I only use the steering wheel buttons for the volume anyway. Coming from a BMW I can understand the initial complication around the infotainment system, but after a week it's not that bad!

Back