• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

learned something new today (maybe I'm just slow to the game). Car was B serviced back in May, I've only done 350 miles since (massive shame, thanks Covid!) but thought I'd check yesterday if the indicator for the next A service had figured out how many miles I could travel before it needed to be done.

I found it was still displaying "B" service and 1100 miles to go. Spoke to dealer, they had simply forgotten to reset oil interval which you can do yourself via the big screen.

> Settings > Vehicle > Maintenance > Reset Oil Counter

and the job's a carrot. I understand the oil monitor / counter is separate from the inspection monitor which can only be done with a Honda diag machine.

I picked up my Rallye Red 2017 FK8 a few weeks ago and am loving it.

My only niggle so far is I can't seem to work out if it's possible to set the Auto Brake-Hold to stay on all the time, as it turns off every time you turn off the car?

Also, I'm planning to swap the Continentals to Michelin PS4S's when they wear out, as they're said to perform better (and I've used Michelin PS4s before). Has anyone found a better / preferred tyre?

Welcome Rob. Did you get a good deal?

No you have to turn on auto brake each time you get in. One of the little niggles you soon get used to

PS4’s get great reviews, I will be switching to them once the contis run out, on my third front set now

Got a great deal from Bristol Honda, was only planning to have a test drive (was also looking at Golf Rs), but after driving the Type R I had to put a deposit down.

Thanks, saved me from delving through the manual when there's no fix.

And not surprised you burn through front tires after a tune!

Great cars and bought my 2017 polished metal metallic just last week. Annoyingly the reverse camera is a bit blurry, got a 12 month warranty so can any honda garage sort this under warranty?

Only issue is i bought my car from a honda franchise 160 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Stonechiped front R badge! New one ordered, is it easy to take old one off and fit new one?

Also car booked in with a detailer to get a full paint correction and ceramic coating plus calipers refurbishment.

Shocking how bad the caliper paint is after just 3 years.
f49be4b9bac631d1c935acc68cb4c0d2.jpg

Stonechiped front R badge! New one ordered, is it easy to take old one off and fit new one?

Also car booked in with a detailer to get a full paint correction and ceramic coating plus calipers refurbishment.

Shocking how bad the caliper paint is after just 3 years.

Congrats on your purchase! Is it all the callipers? Not seen an R badged chipped that much! Did you get a good deal then considering the callipers etc? I am OCD with my brembos, so touch wood they still look good. But I wonder if its caused by the previous owner getting their car hand washed and the acid they use as wheel cleaner works on little scratches, gets behind the laquer and bosh.

Is that dealer the closest one at 160 miles away? f not you can get the warranty work anywhere as you may know

Carbon collective (probably as well as others) do a ceramic wheel coating for around £20. It’s a bit of work as you need to fully decontaminate them before you coat. Remove them, degrease, wash, ironX, wash, towel dry, panel prep, apply ceramic, full wipe over with new cloth, wait a while then add 2nd coat.

While I did the wheels though I made sure I did all the calipers too. It’s tough stuff so should hopefully prolong the life of the paint and help prevent de-lacquering

I checked mine when I put the winter wheels on, but pleased to report my June 2018 car calipers are still looking good. that said they were Ceramic coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra which I assume has only helped. Also when using wheel cleaner (AF Iron out is my preference) I never leave it soaking too long before giving it a good jetwash off (just in case). I have thought about diluting some Iron Out just for the times when the wheels aren't too bad.

Congrats on your purchase! Is it all the callipers? Not seen an R badged chipped that much! Did you get a good deal then considering the callipers etc? I am OCD with my brembos, so touch wood they still look good. But I wonder if its caused by the previous owner getting their car hand washed and the acid they use as wheel cleaner works on little scratches, gets behind the laquer and bosh.

Is that dealer the closest one at 160 miles away? f not you can get the warranty work anywhere as you may know
Hi mate , thank you very much, absolutely love the car. I can only assume that the previous owner did indeed get it washed from the 'wash & swirl' establishments and didn't really care that much about the paintwork.

I did negotiate more money off when i bought it so not too bad. Ended up getting £800 off and got car for £21250 which was the cheapest fk8 price i could find. And 12 month honda warranty for peace of mind.

Will call the dealership today and see what they say about getting camera sorted

Hi mate , thank you very much, absolutely love the car. I can only assume that the previous owner did indeed get it washed from the 'wash & swirl' establishments and didn't really care that much about the paintwork.

I did negotiate more money off when i bought it so not too bad. Ended up getting £800 off and got car for £21250 which was the cheapest fk8 price i could find. And 12 month honda warranty for peace of mind.

Will call the dealership today and see what they say about getting camera sorted

Blimey that's a reasonable chunk less than Honda gave me for part-exing my black edition FK2! Good result.

When you replace a battery in the keyfob is there any pairing that needs to be done? Icon was showing on the dash for low power on the key, I switched the battery with a brand new duracell and Nada, tried a second battery and again nothing. Theres no little red led flashing on the fob when pressed, and nothing small visibly damaged on the circuit board either, so I'm wondering is there something I'm missing out on or should it be a straight swop?

We changed a fob battery a couple of weeks ago. Worked straight away. I am but stumped as to what your issue may be.

Back