• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Wait till your car gets covered in snow and freezes on, your front parking sensor is constantly beeping until you reach speed, but soon as you slow down it starts all over

you mean like this morning? I had to turn my sensors off as fronts all lit up with the frozen rain/snow from last night.

you mean like this morning? I had to turn my sensors off as fronts all lit up with the frozen rain/snow from last night.
That's really pants, I can understand that it there was snow frozen on a sensor but mine were clear .... having said that I did only find 2 of them in the dark

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Crazy that an FK8 can't tell you it's below 3 degrees out yet my 2004 R53 Mini does it without fail

Still, I know which car I'd rather own

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What? FK8 has an external temp thermometer, just on the dash :confused:
Read post a few posts above about the ice warning not working. The car will obviously tell you the temp but won't send out a warning unlike my 14 year old mini.

It was a post that was very much tongue in cheek

Read post a few posts above about the ice warning not working. The car will obviously tell you the temp but won't send out a warning unlike my 14 year old mini.

It was a post that was very much tongue in cheek

I didn't understand that post because mine gives a warning at temps below or equal to 3, it's what I said on my previous post

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And that ice warning alarm always makes your arse twitch when it randomly pings halfway through your journey

Just picked up my FK8 yesterday, loving it so far. Quick question about folding wing mirrors, i kind of find the double push on door button a bit annoying (salesman showed me that technique). Is there a way to have wing mirrors automatically fold in when the car is locked? Cheers

Just picked up my FK8 yesterday, loving it so far. Quick question about folding wing mirrors, i kind of find the double push on door button a bit annoying (salesman showed me that technique). Is there a way to have wing mirrors automatically fold in when the car is locked? Cheers
No apart from the double click method you already know, a double on the remote works as well.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Welcome congrats on your purchase. Colour? Volume knob or old School?

Yeah just double click the key fob

Welcome congrats on your purchase. Colour? Volume knob or old School?

Yeah just double click the key fob

Cheers, I went for the Polished metal. Volume control is on the infotainment system. Didn't realise there was a volume knob option?

On the subject of the infotainment system, can't say i'm impressed with it so far. very sluggish and overcomplicated. But maybe i'm just not used to it yet.

On the subject of the infotainment system, can't say i'm impressed with it so far. very sluggish and overcomplicated. But maybe i'm just not used to it yet.

Nope it’s deffo that. It works, but could be better.

Cheers, I went for the Polished metal. Volume control is on the infotainment system. Didn't realise there was a volume knob option?

the 2019 model gets a physical volume knob and other buttons. As soon as I wrote that I realized UK hasn't got the 'upgrades' yet. Is yours brand new?

You soon get used to the infotainment in that I pretty much don't use it except for Talksport. just plug the phone in and use that for music and sat nav. Don't use the Garmin unless you like really tight backstreets and country lanes where instant death by tractor is inevitable.

Yeah, got a brand new one. I did look at second hand ones but the prices were top end and didn't seem worth it.

I've just set up the Android Auto, seems pretty good so far. i'm not usually a fan of voice recognition stuff (alexa etc) but in the car it is handy.

Do new FK8 have a Gasoline particulate filter now?
When I was looking about on the eu remus site I noticed they had 2 options and one was GPF with Euro 6d from 05/2018>

Just curious if that has affected performance of the later cars?

Brake squealing has just started, only on really light braking at low speeds. Bit annoying. I've read a lot of people suggest 'bedding in' the pads. Anyone tried this? Suggests 10-80mph followed by hard brake (80-90%) down to 10mph, then repeat 8 or so times. Apparently gets some heat into the brakes and eliminates noise .

Brake squealing has just started, only on really light braking at low speeds. Bit annoying. I've read a lot of people suggest 'bedding in' the pads. Anyone tried this? Suggests 10-80mph followed by hard brake (80-90%) down to 10mph, then repeat 8 or so times. Apparently gets some heat into the brakes and eliminates noise .

Yes do it, I have next to no squeal, just ensure the discs have been bedded in too. I only do it 4 times, 8 times is overkill imho.

Do new FK8 have a Gasoline particulate filter now?
When I was looking about on the eu remus site I noticed they had 2 options and one was GPF with Euro 6d from 05/2018>

Just curious if that has affected performance of the later cars?

I don't think they have the gpf or if they do now there has been no mention of a drop in bhp like the golf R etc as this is the kind of thing the car sites pick up on

By no means an expert on the subject though

All direct injection cars will be getting the gas particulate filter as it is now a requirement for Euro 6d emissions regulations. Honda confirmed the Civic will be getting them from June 2018. But I haven't seen any info on whether the CTRs are getting them or not.

There would definitely be a power drop and the biggest thing is exhaust mods. Any car fitted with a GPF as standard will fail MOT without one. So no aftermarket exhausts for 2019 onward cars potentially. Or Milltek, Remus etc have to build systems with a GPF in, which defeats the object of installing one in the first place.

well aren't I glad I got a 2017...!

That's a pretty big impact on the tuners then but If they added the GPF it would still sound better I am sure, as I think sound is more of a priority than performance in exhausts for many - Be more expensive mind you...

Not a great time for Dream to release theirs then

Back