• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

There will be a 'silent' ECU tweak done by Honda to bring performance back up for anything lost by the GPF. BMW have done this on their cars.

New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Not an fk8 but I saw this on tdi north’s page.

It’s the “spoon fk7” and one of the most awkward looking cars I’ve seen :lol:

6390bc983ed3233fe38d68d03a2f2632.jpg

I dunno Dotty, if you squint your eyes (a lot), it almost looks like your M2 - just without the price tag ;-)

Looks like an EK9 with that spoiler and from that angle.
How come spoon are messing with an FK7 and not an Fk8?

Ditch the snow foam and buy yourself koch chemie greenstar, You'll never need snow foam again.

I used the greenstar last week to wash 5 months of winter dirt and road salt off, came straight off and didn't even need a follow up wash, just towelled down after.

5-£8 a litre and you dilute it up to a ratio of 1-30 so will last you months, LSP safe and basically a touch less wash, makes you realise snow foam doesn't actually do that much,

Mine came off exactly like this clip

[video=youtube_share;MZdqt3PNtQc]https://youtu.be/MZdqt3PNtQc[/video]

Ditch the snow foam and buy yourself koch chemie greenstar, You'll never need snow foam again.

I used the greenstar last week to wash 5 months of winter dirt and road salt off, came straight off and didn't even need a follow up wash, just towelled down after.

5-£8 a litre and you dilute it up to a ratio of 1-30 so will last you months, LSP safe and basically a touch less wash, makes you realise snow foam doesn't actually do that much,

Mine came off exactly like this clip

[video=youtube_share;MZdqt3PNtQc]https://youtu.be/MZdqt3PNtQc[/video]
I'm so easily lead... Ordered a 1 litre bottle to give it a go!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

You won't regret it,
I went out to the car dreading it, thought it was all hype and I'd have to go grab all my cleaning products at the end and suffer from backache all weekend.

Got myself an £8 screwfix garden sprayer, added 200ml of greenstar and topped up to 4ltrs with water (1:20 ratio) you could go 1:30 if car is reasonably clean, apply on a dry car don't pre jet wash.

Don't let it dwell for more than 5 minutes and thoroughly pressure wash off as you go,
I broke the routine down into 4 sections, rear, each side/roof, front end, I did go around a few times as it was that filthy but the car was spotless in an hour :).

You might get very very light dirt shadows but all that came off in the towelling down, Alloys were immaculate with no need for the wheel brush.

My wash routine from now on will be greenstar pre-wash with a thorough jet wash, followed by a shampoo wash through the snow foam lance with no buckets needed.
I've now gone from a decent amount of products to 3 products including detailing spray.
It really is that good, just annoyed I didn't jump on it when it was recommended 3 years ago

Being highly diluted it shouldn't strip any protection, a stronger mix might, 1:20-1:30 should be protection safe.
Can also remove interior stains, I'm even thinking of using it on the upvc windows and doors

I had to google "LSP safe" - stands for last surface protection, so in theory should be safe as long as diluted as advised. It wouldn't be much good as a general pre-wash in too concentrate form as it would strip wax etc because it would be too alkaline.

i thought I was ok with detailing products, watching stuff on YouTube forums etc, but this stuff slipped through...

Just ordered a few bits and now looking forward to giving this a whirl!!!

Shame you're not on commission dweezle

:lol:
It was wanner69 (fog light chap) he tried it in 2016, there's 50/50 pictures over on civinfo one half with greenstar the other half with snowfoam https://www.civinfo.com/forum/cleaning/345585-citrus-snow-foam-no-longer-me.html

His clip:

[video=youtube_share;7TwKEDGXevY]https://youtu.be/7TwKEDGXevY[/video]
Apparently Bilt Hamber through a garden sprayer is just as good,
I probably wouldn't use the greenstar on a weekly basis though, weekly washes are long gone for me

I know people have had issues with Honda warranty but I'm pleased to say that my experience has been really good, wheels are all being replaced under warranty due to corrosion. I have a really good relationship with the dealers so perhaps that has helped to quickly resolve.

I know people have had issues with Honda warranty but I'm pleased to say that my experience has been really good, wheels are all being replaced under warranty due to corrosion. I have a really good relationship with the dealers so perhaps that has helped to quickly resolve.

where were they corroding? Good to hear this though

Does anyone know if I can turn off the “distance keeping” part of the cruise control and just have “speed” control please?

Back