• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Reading on social media that a black one has been stolen in the Bishops Stortford / Harlow area.

Oh dear first one I have heard that's been stolen.

I wonder if it's joyriders, parts or being sent abroad....

Pray this is not the start of targeted thefts :mad:

Mine would have been an easy steal for the first couple of months. Every time I parked it I assumed it locked itself when I walked away from it with the fob then unlocked when I went back. Seemed to be working fine 'cause every time I went to the car it was unlocked. Oops!! #RTFMfail.

not sure if the FK8 is same as FK2 in this regard, but i used one of the bolts that secures the fuse box down.
i used the option connector (not fused) for the 12v feed (switched 12v pin into a bus-bar fuse box) and earthed via the fuse box bolt.

not sure if the FK8 is same as FK2 in this regard, but i used one of the bolts that secures the fuse box down.
i used the option connector (not fused) for the 12v feed (switched 12v pin into a bus-bar fuse box) and earthed via the fuse box bolt.

Yep good shout, I fitted the footwell lighting kit and instructions are to use this very bolt. It's just above your right knee behind the dash.

The option connection is fused by the fuse for the local circuit that provides the power to the option socket connection

did that change between fk2&8? was sure the fk2 was unfused. guess it's better to be double fused than no fuse...

No, FK2 was fused. Blew my ambient lighting fuse with it at one point.

did that change between fk2&8? was sure the fk2 was unfused. guess it's better to be double fused than no fuse...

Yep good shout, I fitted the footwell lighting kit and instructions are to use this very bolt. It's just above your right knee behind the dash.

Thanks. I used this bolt. Had to be a contortionist to get under the dash :eek:

The FK8 has low profile mini fuses

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=low+profile+mini+fuse

I had to improvise by using mini fuse in the hard wire kit of the same rating as the one I took out.

I hope this wont cause any issues. Can anyone confirm?

It will be fine. I have had both the dashcam and lighting kit in place for months now with no issues at all.

It will be fine. I have had both the dashcam and lighting kit in place for months now with no issues at all.
Exactly this. I had front and rear camera and Footwell kit in my FK2 and as far as I'm aware they're still in there now nearly 3 years later.

No it did not change, you can double fuse but at the end of the day you can not draw any more load than the rated fuse for the circuit already installed so is this required? IMO it is not as the wiring is rated a lot higher than the circuit protection device (fuse)

Anyone notice what sounds like a trickling water sound when the aircon is on, coming from centre vents?

I heard this the other day.

I'm going to pick up my mum's new Jazz on Wednesday. I will mention it to the dealer.

Just had searched and it seems that the condensation drain is not draining properly.

yeah Raf on here had a soaking wet carpet before he traded it in (no reason found) so I was hoping this was not what was happening to mine...

So far its dry, but I am keeping my eye ( and ear) on it...

Just got home to find a “6SN Important Information” letter.

“Civic 5dr Trailer Hitch Vertical Load Owner’s Manual Error”

“What is the issue?”
“The error exists in the section relating to the trailer hitch vertical load. In your Owner’s Manual the value is given as 80kg for a vehicle with a 1.0L engine and 100kg for a vehicle with a 1.5L engine. The correct value is 75kg for vehicles with either 1.0L or 1.5L engine”

Got to pay a visit to my Honda dealer so they can change the manual.

Your not gonna bother are you? Got that a while ago but kind of doesn't affect us...

I read or heard somewhere that VOSA/DVLA are going to start failing MOT’s if safety recalls have not been completed. So I will pop to my Honda dealer. I also need to speak to them about the annoying rattles they apparently fixed :mad:
I might wait for the courtesy call about my Mum’s Jazz and then tell them.

Back