• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Just got home to find a “6SN Important Information” letter.

“Civic 5dr Trailer Hitch Vertical Load Owner’s Manual Error”

“What is the issue?”
“The error exists in the section relating to the trailer hitch vertical load. In your Owner’s Manual the value is given as 80kg for a vehicle with a 1.0L engine and 100kg for a vehicle with a 1.5L engine. The correct value is 75kg for vehicles with either 1.0L or 1.5L engine”

Got to pay a visit to my Honda dealer so they can change the manual.

Don’t expect an instant exchange. They’ll probably have to order one in so I’d phone ahead.

Got another query for you guys....

I have a warning/ notice light coming on which shows a picture of a car with an arrow pointing to a spanner.

I looked this up in the manual and I believe it means that I am due a service in 3000 miles or something like that? (car currently has about 7,300 miles on it).

Is there any way I can turn this off? It is so annoying and I can't believe that if there is a service every 10,000 miles for example, This annoying warning light comes on for approximately 3,000 of those miles???!! Roughly a third of my driving time will have this warning flashing on? It's bizarre.

Thing is I like to be notified of an impending service but not thousands of miles beforehand!.... Maybe like 100 miles before would be nice.. :confused:

Got another query for you guys....

I have a warning/ notice light coming on which shows a picture of a car with an arrow pointing to a spanner.

I looked this up in the manual and I believe it means that I am due a service in 3000 miles or something like that? (car currently has about 7,300 miles on it).

Is there any way I can turn this off? It is so annoying and I can't believe that if there is a service every 10,000 miles for example, This annoying warning light comes on for approximately 3,000 of those miles???!! Roughly a third of my driving time will have this warning flashing on? It's bizarre.

Thing is I like to be notified of an impending service but not thousands of miles beforehand!.... Maybe like 100 miles before would be nice.. :confused:

if you scroll across the settings on the dashboard option across to the Spanner Icon and hit select - I think you might find it's due a service now. My car has done 5400 miles and it says my first "A" service is due in approx 2300 miles.

The car has a variable service indicator that depending on how you drive adjusts the service interval. I think the general rule is service once per year or sooner if the car says so. I think it's possible to get the dealer to change set it to the manual prescribed service intervals but out of the box I think variable is the way the dealers prefer. ;)

also if you have a 5 year servicing plan I'd be aiming to get it in once per year for an oil change and once over (but take note of the mileage and remember to put in your Do-Not-Wash sign on the dashboard) :)

yeah it will be on the variable service so as Ally says will be due now I think. Was it an ex demo?

Oh and buy a dash cam.....I am still seething that my local honda garage took it on an 8 mile joy ride 'to make sure all was ok' absolute w%4kers... took up more time than the actual service.

I have one of the Honda dongles in one, list all journeys, routes and speeds etc.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have one of the Honda dongles in one, list all journeys, routes and speeds etc.

yeah, but the first thing they likely do is disconnect this dongle as they need the OBD port to check the car ECU data for any errors and / or routinely update the software on the car. but we plugged it back in just as we got back from our joy^H^H^H test drive :)

So tonight's snow driving was fun, parking sensors having a disco then the 'radar needs a wipe' sign which was a first for me...

Now where's my air rifle, kids are not scooping off the snow from my spoiler this year

Anyone have issues this morning with the ice/snow triggering the front collision alert when miles away from an object?

All the front sensors I could find appeared to be clear of snow and ice, if it does it again I will try turning the sensors off.

The ice alert does not work correctly on mine either with it rarely flashing up a warning, I know this is triggered at 3 degrees and this morning the temp showed -2 in the car but no warning.

Anyone have issues this morning with the ice/snow triggering the front collision alert when miles away from an object?

All the front sensors I could find appeared to be clear of snow and ice, if it does it again I will try turning the sensors off.

The ice alert does not work correctly on mine either with it rarely flashing up a warning, I know this is triggered at 3 degrees and this morning the temp showed -2 in the car but no warning.

Could snow and ice have fallen off your bonnet onto the sensor or flicked up by other road users maybe....

maybe the ice warning doesn't go off as it assumes you can see it when you get into the car!! Maybe It only goes off when it drops to possible icy conditions...(off to check manual)

Could snow and ice have fallen off your bonnet onto the sensor or flicked up by other road users maybe....

maybe the ice warning doesn't go off as it assumes you can see it when you get into the car!! Maybe It only goes off when it drops to possible icy conditions...(off to check manual)
Good questions, I had assumed snow had fell on a sensor but when I got out to check they were clear, I could only find 2 in the bumper, normally I would expect at least 4.

Unless it uses the radar cruise to do the warning?

Manual states 3 degrees C is the trigger point for the warning, the temp always reads correctly but only seen/heard the warning 3 times in 6 week and it has been below 3c loads of times.

I wonder if it's only daft enough to only trigger when the weather as you are driving/running reduces below 3, i.e. it was 6 degrees, 5, 4, 3 (bing!) while if it is already -2 when you start the car it "assumes" you know it's already freezin' outdoors so don't need the reminder.

I'm getting this when it's wet, when I'm washing the car, when it's cold, all likely due to the known issue with the front parking sensors not liking the UK weather and I wonder if there's any further news on the restyled front sensors to address this. I was told the issue is common to all Civic models and Honda are "on the case" with a fix......

I wonder if it's only daft enough to only trigger when the weather as you are driving/running reduces below 3, i.e. it was 6 degrees, 5, 4, 3 (bing!) while if it is already -2 when you start the car it "assumes" you know it's already freezin' outdoors so don't need the reminder.
Maybe, pretty pants IMHO if that is the case .

My wife is picking up her new SR Civic this morning so I will compare the behaviour on hers with mine.

The parking sensors and the collision detection/ACC don't use the same transducers. The parking sensors are the 4 round ones on the bumper. The ACC/Collision detection is 1) the camera near the rearview mirror, and the millimetre wave radar that is on the bottom right of the bumper (huge plastic plate that says DO NOT PAINT, just below the fog light).

The ice alert triggers when the temperature drops to 3 degrees (or lower)

Getting parking beeps with ice and some times rain is common in the car, I had it happen last winter during "The beast from the East" crisis, annoying as hell. I've never had the collision detection to trigger randomly, and that sounds dangerous if it happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
The parking sensors and the collision detection/ACC don't use the same transducers. The parking sensors are the 4 round ones on the bumper. The ACC/Collision detection is 1) the camera near the rearview mirror, and the millimetre wave radar that is on the bottom right of the bumper (huge plastic plate that says DO NOT PAINT, just below the fog light).

The ice alert triggers when the temperature drops to 3 degrees (or lower)

Getting parking beeps with ice and some times rain is common in the car, I had it happen last winter during "The beast from the East" crisis, annoying as hell. I've never had the collision detection to trigger randomly, and that sounds dangerous if it happens!
Thanks, useful info, so the parking system triggering is pretty common, I would have thought Honda had got a grip of that issue by now

Wait till your car gets covered in snow and freezes on, your front parking sensor is constantly beeping until you reach speed, but soon as you slow down it starts all over

Back