• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Just a straight swap :D

When you say brand new battery do you mean you just bought it ?

I replaced my remote battery on the FK2 & still no joy only to find my stash of batteries were years out of date having sat in the drawer :getcoat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Manual doesn't say a lot just shows you how to open the remote fob casing & change the battery but found this online...

image.jpg

When you replace a battery in the keyfob is there any pairing that needs to be done? Icon was showing on the dash for low power on the key, I switched the battery with a brand new duracell and Nada, tried a second battery and again nothing. Theres no little red led flashing on the fob when pressed, and nothing small visibly damaged on the circuit board either, so I'm wondering is there something I'm missing out on or should it be a straight swop?

were the two batteries from the same back? Strange one..

Just a straight swap :D

When you say brand new battery do you mean you just bought it ?

I replaced my remote battery on the FK2 & still no joy only to find my stash of batteries were years out of date having sat in the drawer :getcoat:

Yep new as in just bought, I also tried a third from the stash :) and no joy either
I've 2 months warranty left so will see if the stealer will do a replacement if its just gone dodgy for an unknown reason

Not to be rude, but you have removed the thin plastic film that is often on those types of battery? I know from experience that it's easily missed :confused:

Considering one of these, currently have a merc CLS diesel and a slightly sorted MX5. Job changes means I'm not commuting by car anymore so this will be for shopping, days out (when we can) and some track days. Makes sense for me going down to one car and really want to get away from dirty diesels.

I'm not new to Type R's, having had DC2's, 5, FD2, S2000 etc... So know the quality of the brand. What is the deal with the used car prices currently, Good / bad time to buy. Are there many just sitting in forecourts at the moment so good deals to be had?

I'm set on red, why not, this is a shouty car (which I love) so might as well go for a bold colour. All my previous type R's have been white. Also what's the in gear performance like, will it match say an E92 M3?

The forum was down for about 2 weeks so it may take a while for the regular posters to return.
Two weeks, bloody heck. I used to post under zero7 but forgot my password, tried to do a password reset but it couldn’t find me under my email address so wonder if something happened? I then had to register under a new user name (just put another 7 on the end of it lol)

anyway folks, back to the fk8 questions

No worries at all. How come you ask about the E92 M3 specifically? FK2 is likely just as fast in the real world, especially when traction is a limiting factor. But that V8 is a beauty.

No worries at all. How come you ask about the E92 M3 specifically? FK2 is likely just as fast in the real world, especially when traction is a limiting factor. But that V8 is a beauty.

I've had a couple of M3's a really nice Dakar Yellow one and Stratus Grey Metallic one. The performance of them is what I'm looking for as a benchmark. I've had a lot of cars since the FD2 including a tuned EVO9 GT, a Spec-C Subaru and a V8 mustang. From the video's I can't quite gauge the in gear performance levels. I'm guessing it will be almost as quick as my Subaru Spec-c which was also running around 320bhp.

I've had a couple of M3's a really nice Dakar Yellow one and Stratus Grey Metallic one. The performance of them is what I'm looking for as a benchmark. I've had a lot of cars since the FD2 including a tuned EVO9 GT, a Spec-C Subaru and a V8 mustang. From the video's I can't quite gauge the in gear performance levels. I'm guessing it will be almost as quick as my Subaru Spec-c which was also running around 320bhp.

Genuinely didn’t think my E92 M3 was a good car tbh and especially when you compare it to modern turbo hatches it is slow. Only plus points for me were the intake noise and steering feel. I briefly owned an FK2 and it would have trounced the E92 imo. Same torque figure, lower in the rev range and in a lighter car. Can’t see the FK8 being much different.

Genuinely didn’t think my E92 M3 was a good car tbh and especially when you compare it to modern turbo hatches it is slow. Only plus points for me were the intake noise and steering feel. I briefly owned an FK2 and it would have trounced the E92 imo. Same torque figure, lower in the rev range and in a lighter car. Can’t see the FK8 being much different.
God to know, I really liked my M3, really came alive on track but you had to rev it, took a long time for me to get used to the quality, it was like an onion, had a lot of layers :) Also the DCT box really suited the car in full agressive shift mode, better than the god awful manual box they shoved into it. Pretty set on an FK8 now, just need to sell my two cars to make way.

Question on main dealer forecourt prices, I like a good haggle, do they tend to budget more than £500 - £1k? for say a 2018 example?

God to know, I really liked my M3, really came alive on track but you had to rev it, took a long time for me to get used to the quality, it was like an onion, had a lot of layers :) Also the DCT box really suited the car in full agressive shift mode, better than the god awful manual box they shoved into it. Pretty set on an FK8 now, just need to sell my two cars to make way.

Question on main dealer forecourt prices, I like a good haggle, do they tend to budget more than £500 - £1k? for say a 2018 example?

BMW manuals are woeful, never have understood the fascination. DCT suits the character of the cars better.

I worked in sales at Honda before going to BMW, most of the cars had £1500 or less profit in them at Honda so you’ll do well to get anything off tbh.

THanks Alex, the discount side of things helps, will get my cars shifted and get myself a nice red fk8, been too long out of a honda.

THanks Alex, the discount side of things helps, will get my cars shifted and get myself a nice red fk8, been too long out of a honda.
Hi Av, good to hear your coming back to the Honda badge!....Once Covid is over we can go for a drive in the FK2 and you can compare.
Personally I prefer the looks of the FK2 over the FK8....

Hi Av, good to hear your coming back to the Honda badge!....Once Covid is over we can go for a drive in the FK2 and you can compare.
Personally I prefer the looks of the FK2 over the FK8....

It's bene too long mate, with my Job change and more working from home and train journeys now is the perfect time. Did consider BMW's like M3 or 440i but jsut not special enough for me. Plus I'm 100% going down to one car so the Merc and MX-5 will both be sold to fund this. Will be going for the FK8, watched may videos and read all the reviews, back isn't the best but love the front shape.

May go for a more sedate colour like polished metal. Catch up after lockdown, you can take me for a spin in the FK2.

Just noticed I've got way more posts then you and I bene out of the Honda game for years ;):)

Back