• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

My screen doesn't seem to switch to night mode automatically so I do it with the brightness switch on top. Anyone know if you can make it automatic?

My screen doesn't seem to switch to night mode automatically so I do it with the brightness switch on top. Anyone know if you can make it automatic?

It should be automatic. Suggest you check to see if your light sensor (behind the rear view mirror) has been covered up. It should also operate the auto lights.

And so I found a suggestion on how to set the navigation guidance to be not quite so intrusive without being muted altogether on the car (if you remember all the car offers on the screen is unmuted, muted and traffic alerts only). The way to reduce the navigation guidance level is to go into Google Maps app on the phone (obv. not when the car is connected) and click > Settings > Navigation Settings > Voice Level - from here you can select "Normal, Softer, Louder". I've just set mine to Softer and it's MUCH better now.

also found out over the weekend that if you adjust the volume on the wheel while Google is giving map guidance updates it also changes the volume. spotted this because the volume on the phone setting goes from 0-15 where when you're controlling the music volume it's 0-30 IIRC.

Mine does it automatically.....in fact sometimes when the ambient light is still too bright.

even with Google maps on the Android Auto?? - I've found the white glare of the maps particularly intrusive at night that I switched back to Garmin Nav.

even with Google maps on the Android Auto?? - I've found the white glare of the maps particularly intrusive at night that I switched back to Garmin Nav.

You can switch Google maps to night mode with the button on top of the screen. Mine doesn't do it automatically and sounds like yours doesn't either. Should just check the manual I guess.

Here you can download the Owner´s Guide & Manual plus Navigation Manual for CTR 2017

I found much better having them on the tablet than on paper
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2017/Civic%20Type%20R/manuals

US CTR though, mostly the same but misses out several features present on UK/rest of world, has the odd US-only options, specs in imperial measures, etc.
Always strikes me as odd how 'Type R' is never mentioned, only as the unremarkable "2.0 L engine model". Honda, don't you want to shout your second highest performance vehicle from the rooftops?

Install your own apps, like Waze instead of the cruddy Garmin jobby that comes on it.

I'm pretty sure you can do app link on it though Rick, so you can mirror your handset to the screen.

On a serious note can the auto hold brake be programmed to be on every time I start the car so I do not have to keep turning this back on?

Back