• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

On a serious note can the auto hold brake be programmed to be on every time I start the car so I do not have to keep turning this back on?
No it cant, it will always cancel itself when the engine is turned off.
I have never used the Brake Hold, but I don't fancy it because I believe the brake lights are always illuminated when it is active. Willing to be proved wrong on that point though.

Nah surely not only come on when it activates, i.e when you come to a stop
Yes that's what I mean "when it is active" :D
It is very annoying sitting behind another car at traffic lights when the driver keeps his foot on the brake pedal.....especially when it's raining.

....I have never used the Brake Hold, but I don't fancy it because I believe the brake lights are always illuminated when it is active. Willing to be proved wrong on that point though.

The lights stay on yes, but that's the same as keeping your foot on the brake pedal after stopping so you don't roll away?
And if you don't want that, then pull the handbrake on.

The lights stay on yes, but that's the same as keeping your foot on the brake pedal after stopping so you don't roll away?
And if you don't want that, then pull the handbrake on.
Which is exactly my point ;) Read my post above. :)
I always use the handbrake if I am going to be stopped for more than a few seconds. It is very annoying sitting behind a car with the constant glare of 3 bright brake lights at night. :(
Drivers who routinely do this couldn't care less about how it effects other drivers immediately behind them in traffic queues......in fact the thought will not even enter their head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the handbrake should always be applied at standstill, saves you being hurled forward if you're shunted up the rear

Which is exactly my point ;) Read my post above. :)
I always use the handbrake if I am going to be stopped for more than a few seconds. It is very annoying sitting behind a car with the constant glare of 3 bright brake lights at night. :(
Drivers who routinely do this couldn't care less about how it effects other drivers immediately behind them in traffic queues......in fact the thought will not even enter their head.

It’s like a red rag to a bull being faced with red brake lights in your face :D

New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I think having the brake lights on at stationary traffic for a few seconds is meagre really... The standards of driving these days is diabolical , includes not even turning your headlights on at dusk / dawn , apparently the sidelights with front fogs or just DRL will do , 50% of the population it seems are driving around with defective lights including headlights , screens not de-misted , holding their phones whilst talking on loudspeaker .. etc.

I think having the brake lights on at stationary traffic for a few seconds is meagre really
I agree nothing wrong with that at all :) but when you are at traffic lights that take up to a minute or more to change...sitting immediately behind somebody who keeps their foot on the brake pedal for the whole duration and the red glare is amplified by it being dark and raining....it can get quite annoying.
This is just one example of what an inconsiderate driver does.
Brake Hold is a good idea in principle, but using it unwittingly turns us into this type of driver.

When I learnt to drive all those moons ago, I was taught to engage my handbrake when coming to a stop because it prevents you from rolling.

I don't have that either.
Where did you find this Rick and what is its purpose?
The photo does not appear to show an FK8, but maybe this is a new part that is fitted to more recent 10G models?

New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I think that’s off a none type r variant.

I think it’s purpose it to keep the fuel filler protected from debris when the lid is closed. (Speculation)

Part of my filling up process now involves placing some paper towel under the nozzle entry to prevent the drip when the nozzle is removed

Rick found a useful eBay part for the centre console recently too, which I’ve since ordered.

Does anyone here have the plastic cover on the fuel cover cap on there FK8?

View attachment 18749

Sent an email to a very useful contact in Honda parts to see if he can get this and the price, If I have trouble I will need the oem part number which I have no idea how to find at the moment but it is a USA part ;)

I have ordered this which should be very useful https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Ce...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have ordered this for the RHD car and to date only mine has been dispatched as not advertised so I am the tester but the FK2 one did look very smart fitted https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUßSTütZ...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

These as they are a nice finishing touch and I forgot to remove them from the FK2 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pcs-Ca...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

These as they are a nice finishing touch but did not remove them from the FK2 as they would have bent, please note I have always found the double sided tape supplied to be useless so I pack out to around 4mm with foam tap then stick in place https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Silve...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And this but not holding much hope it will look decent but thought I might try it for the money as the steering wheel controls are naf on the 10G and this might help but do suspect it is bin material https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Car...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Reversing camera guidelines

Anyone know how these can be recalibrated? The guidelines are about 12 inches out of alignment to the position of my car showing I’m farther away from the kerb than I really am.

Thanks

I never found the guidelines particularly helpful, along with the predicted path of my car, so turned them off and just look at my car in relation to what I could hit. :)

Back