• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R 2005 Aftermarket radio

I want to surprise my husband for his birthday. I was wondering if you could recommend an aftermarket radio for his civic. I know he would like something that will allow him to connect to his phone. Help, lost what is the best suited & tested? Thanks in advance.

You would be better off nipping down to Halfords and seeing what they have to offer. Hopefully you will have a store local that will have someone that knows what they are talking about. You haven't given us alot to go on im afraid such as budget and features.

I've got a budget of £100-£150. I'm not really good with technology and don't know what options he will need. If it can be a radio, hands free phone and anything more? I think he would like it to fit the style of car. It doesn't have to be touchscreen. Something easy to fit and compatible with his civic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jim! I'll check out those links. I was looking at a Kenwood DPX-7000DAB Digital+ Car Stereo but wasn't sure if compatible with Honda? I was so lost, even had to look up difference between single and double din. Lol

Yes that will be compatible, that is a better model than the second one I listed.

Some double DIN headunits will want a fascia to tidy them up, but some seem to fit better without.

Here is a picture of an older kenwood unit very similar I had in the past:

w1snlg.jpg

Would he be offended with second hand? I have one I was about to put up for sale.

Is he using iPhone or Android?

Remember you will also need a fascia kit and wiring harness, something like the connects2 one if you want the steering wheel controls to still work

What a shame, I've just placed the kenwood on order. I'm sure someone else will be looking to change radio for Christmas. Good luck!

Thanks Daz! I know they put some wires aside for me to collect when pick up radio. Will check my receipt if same ones you mentioned.

Back