• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FRSU Advice.

Hello again all, getting the finishing touches for a FRSU to be done and I was after a bit of advice.
It seems to me that a lot of people have a set of lowering springs installed when doing this but I have a set of coilovers (budget) that came with the car which have been what you would call slammed (hence why I am doing a FRSU).
I was just wondering what would be the best way to do this, either leave coilovers on and higher them to the equivalent of a 30mm drop or ditch them and by some lowering springs as I have a set of standard shocks.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ditch the budget coilovers.

As you describe them as budget, the ride will likely be poor compared to standard shocks and springs but they will almost certainly start leaking and fail in the next couple of years. Budget coilovers always do.

You know what I personally don't think they are to bad, had a fair few people in the car who have said the same as well. But saying that I have never driven an ep3 with a FRSU done so will more then likely be light years apart. So lowering springs are the way to go, there is a a set of Rs-r lowering springs on eBay at the moment they any good??

Eibach are the tried and tested ones, as are Spoon. Tein are OK but have a habit of oxidising.

Does anyone know the spring rates on a set of eibach pro's can't find anything on Google about it.

Does anyone know the spring rates on a set of eibach pro's can't find anything on Google about it.

They’re progressive springs so they have 2 spring rates. The tight wound coils provide a soft ride and the less tight wound coils is much stiffer. I’m not sure how you’d be able define a spring rate. Might be worth emailing Eibach for some more info.
Compared to the spring rate on coilovers they’re probably much softer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah right that's probably why I couldn't find a definitive answer then. That's cool. What's the best set up I have been reading -1 all round but some people say -1 front and -0.75 rear.

Ah right that's probably why I couldn't find a definitive answer then. That's cool. What's the best set up I have been reading -1 all round but some people say -1 front and -0.75 rear.

A lot is down to preference. Ideally you want more camber on the front compared to the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hu, can someone give me some front and rear measurements from a car that's been lowered 30mm just so I have a rough guideline to adjust mine to. I'm measuring from wheel arch to bottom of alloy wheel.

Thanks

Back