• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Someone cut me up and hit my car and claimed on insurance that I hit them from behind

I was driving in the right lane of a two lane A road with a three land round about. I was in the correct lane (middle) on the roundabout to get to the right lane at the other end. Someone on my left aggressively accelerated and cut me up to go around the roundabout. She hit me and her bumper got caught in mine. She accepted fault at the time and now is claiming that I hit her from behind claiming that she had whiplash and the whole works. I was driving at less that 5mph. The roundabout is a very busy one and no one stopped to help witness the event except for my aunt who was driving behind me. What can I do here? Insurance have stated that it is currently a 50/50 claim. I don't see how I was at fault here. IMG-20171212-WA0000.jpgIMG-20171212-WA0000.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hard to tell without seeing the lane set up. But from that angle of collision, it would be hard for you to hit the rear of her without her being in the wrong lane.

Not what you wanner hear but... A good reason for a dash cam though mate.

Her bumper is hooked under your wheel arch. It dispels the idea that you ran in the back of her, but not that you didn't turn into her.

As above, this is exactly why dash cams are getting so popular. IMHO, get your aunt's statement of events and include that in your claim. Family member yes, but it is one more account than the other party has.

by the looks of it will be your word again hers, hopefully you will win with having a third party but don't say shes family

by the looks of it will be your word again hers, hopefully you will win with having a third party but don't say shes family

Can’t believe someone would lie like that after admitting guilt. I am trying to see if the council has recordings of that roundabout as another option. It’ll be so clear on there who was at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do when you've had an accident is put your phone on record and keep it in your hand without them knowing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Best thing to do when you've had an accident is put your phone on record and keep it in your hand without them knowing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
In hindsight I should have done this.

This is why ALWAYS ring your insurance company in the event of a tip. Even if they've said they're fine physically and accept fault at the scene. Cover your arse completely.

This is why ALWAYS ring your insurance company in the event of a tip. Even if they've said they're fine physically and accept fault at the scene. Cover your arse completely.
Fortunately the council has footage. They have just confirmed and asked me to inform the insurance to contact them with a reference.

I hope there's legal recourse to go after that lying bitch! I'd throw the book at her out of principle.

Edit: Yes there is, after reading up... she'd likely get a community service punishment or a short custodial. DO IT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be doing everything to get her. She caused me stress as she had called the insurance after she agreed that it was her fault and would wait for me to get back to her privately. I was late to call the insurance as I had trusted her. It's like she tried to get the upper hand.

snakes with t!ts
Called the insurance and they are now telling me they are pushing it as a non-fault claim so it's no longer 50/50. They said they will use the CCTV footage if they need it but as it stands probably not even required.

I think her story hasn't added up and the photos prove that.

Please keep us informed of the outcome.
I hate people like that, but sadly it is all too common where insurance claims are involved. :mad:

Please keep us informed of the outcome.
I hate people like that, but sadly it is all too common where insurance claims are involved. :mad:
Will do. Things have slowed down I guess due to Christmas.

Back