• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What's your MPG?

The answer might already be out there but here goes anyway.
I didn't buy a CTR for it's fuel economy but am curious about what those owners running a totally stock set up are getting.
My 2011 FN2 has 35,000 on the clock with a new standard air filter & I have only had the car just over a month so still getting used to it.
My daily commute is quite hilly so would expect to get lower mpg. However, with a bit of flat road driving and the occasional vtec splurge I seem to be getting 30-32 mpg.
Honest John real MPG suggests that we should be getting 99% of the official so my figures sound spot on.

My 2008 FN2 GT with 88k on (fresh service/filters) used to get 30-32mpg normal driving over a full tank.

Just under 30 if combining with a couple of country blasts.
Couldn't complain.

I now have a Clio RS200 (non-turbo) and I have to nurse that to get 30-31mpg. Its not very economical at all and thats completely stock too. :(
Hell I get 32mpg out the Porsche giving it some beans :lol:

My 2008 FN2 GT with 88k on (fresh service/filters) used to get 30-32mpg normal driving over a full tank.

Couldn't complain.

I now have a Clio RS200 (non-turbo) and I have to nurse that to get 30-31mpg. Its not very economical at all and thats completely stock too. :(

what made you swap to an rs200?

what made you swap to an rs200?

RS200 is really the mrs's car, I just get to drive it a lot :)
Its a nice car, handles really well, looks great (Liquid Yellow) and has some poke.
Not much in it performance wise vs the FN2

So two quick cars to choose from in a morning, can't lose

Couldn't complain.

The Stagea is horrendous on fuel, last decent run I worked it out I managed to get 26mpg out of it being well behaved the whole time!

That’s good going:twisted:
Put in a good innings at Cadwell to achieve that :twisted:

2010 fn2 48k , I use about 23-33 mpg, it’s how I drive tbh, I do find using the cruise control better on the petrol

Lately Bob has been getting around 23-24mpg but I did a decent run the other weekend and that bumped the average over the tank to 30mpg. The cold along with urban runs really hurts it.

I work from home and only drive my fn2 round the streets on short 5min / 10min journeys

Had it for 3mths and sick of putting petrol in

For £30 i get just over half a tank, im getting on avergae 120mls off 30 quid of petrol, trip com shows average mpg since i got it around 24/25mpg

Best ive had it utpo was 32.5mpg on a one hour journey to southport, did not use vtec all the way there, its not motorway though, just normal roads for that journey so still fair bit of gear changing

Anyone else getting only 120ish miles for a half tank of petrol like me or is there some thin wrong with my car

I usually put super unleaded in though i have tried morrisons cheapo reg unleaded twice and only got around an extra 10miles from half a tank...

Sounds normal if you're only doing ten minute trips. The engine will barely be getting warmed up after five and will be using the most fuel whilst cold.

Thx for the reply pal.

I must start taking it out for long journeys more often..

When i put 30 quid in my trip comp tells me i have anything from 155 - 185mls until empty.. I knew i wouldnt get near that with how i use it

I do plan to go up the m6 one day though and see if it will give me 180mls from 30 quid of petrol...

Try having a 3 litre straight six and doing short journeys. :lol:

I think I use as much fuel driving the 5 or so miles to my girlfriends house than I do driving half way to London at motorway speeds.

so all the bush fires in Oz are your fault then?

Best I have had is 36 MPG on a long motorway run in the FN2, had the Si 1.8 up to 46 on similar journey.

Back