• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 What's your MPG?

Impreza STI - 14.7 average since last November

Be time to sell soon. 24 was always my type R average though

Impreza STI - 14.7 average since last November

Be time to sell soon. 24 was always my type R average though

Wow!
And im complaining about my type r...

In the late 90's i had 2 sierra cosworths, sapphire and a 3 door mk1

Never once bothered about petrol use back then, prob cause it cost half the price or less of what is it is today and they had no computers telling you anything. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting about 29-point-something in the FN2, mostly commuting style driving at the moment, unfortunately.

I don't really care anyway. It's smiles-per-gallon for me, not MPG (and I'm not even a massive earner who won't miss the money).

All this stuff about fuel-saving, being frugal, saving the planet etc...nah, not interested. It all passes me by.

Update to this thread

Ive just got a grand total of 230 miles from 60quid of shell v power (full tank)

All journeys only short 10minute drives, only hit vtech in 2nd and 3rd gear a handful of times

My computer still showing average of 24mpg,

Shocking i think for a N/A 2l engine car....

I have found that shell V gives less mpg.
It's 99 octane and car goes like a scalded cat feeling rough and raw.

I use BP ultimate which is a bit cheaper and only 97 octane, feels smoother.

I am now getting over 300 miles per tank on decent runs and showing 30+ mpg , lots of short runs will knock it down.
That said my commute is 8 miles each way with 2 big hills and even in the cold weather computer shows 29-30.

Have you changed the air filter lately?
I am using an HKS panel filter not the original paper.

I may give the BP a try. Always got the best from optimax in the DC5 but then it was an import I guess.

Mines doing 27mpg on optimax driving pretty average. Rarely Vtec and 9 miles each way with a mix of crawling in traffic and 50mph motorway speeds.

That's decat, panel air filter and Flashpro. Back in the summer I was getting almost 31mpg on the same journey. Reckon the damp cold air could make it run more rich and bring it down my that much?

The warm up will take longer in the cold and use more fuel but that said colder air should produce a little more power due to being denser.
Stop/start traffic will kill the MPG but then you have done that before @31MPG - mystery.

Mine's standard so couldn't advise if your mods are having an effect.

wMCoyew.gif

24-26mpg, I put in around £30- £35 a week high octane and drive it hard, but cant help it, foot heavy..I find the mpg/cost a decent offset to the fun I have with it. Never really thought about mpg, I just know it cost around the £30 -£35 a week mark to run it.

BMW 340i M Sport with M Performance Power pack, 3.0 Twin scroll turbo 360bhp/480nm: 13-15 track & spited drive / 24-26 general mixed driving / 32-34 motorway
FN2 with HKS/RSK and remap 2.0 NA 218bhp: 13-15 track & spited drive / 24-26 general mixed driving / 32-34 motorway :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back