• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 RC20GT

err

cache.php

That stupid silver trim on the nose offends my eyes, much like the rest of it....

38753565435_1b4d71a510_z.jpg

..... thats better.

The transformation to Evo is complete 8-[

Reckon it might be alright come production model

Do we think that's a possibility?

I've never seen anything this bad from Mugen. Absolutely vile, with no redeeming features. Wouldn't even buy the exhaust based on the way that looks.

Its looking like they've produced a stripped down track edition that people have been talking about or wanting one for a few years.

It's certainly looking tight in the back :lol:

Having gone through everything google can provide a person with, that car looks terrible. It looks cheap and nasty. It’s like some Pimp My Ride abortion. Seriously Mugen, you can do far better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the populace are missing the point with this. Evidently the car has been created with one thing in mind, track capabilities. This is surely the result of countless hours of wind tunnel tests to maximise airflow and downforce. It isn't meant to be pretty, it isn't a road car.

I personally like most of it, because I can see beyond the initial OMG reaction and see it for what it is.

Granted the wheels are hideous, but even then I surmise that they have been created to allow air to flow across them to aid in high speed stability and/or draw air in to assist in brake cooling.

Google translated from a Japanese press release:

At "Tokyo Auto Salon 2018" held at Makuhari Messe from 12th to 14th January, Honda is talking about announcing the 2018 motorsport regime etc, but will do motor sports activities with that Honda M - TEC exhibited the company 's brand "Infinite" booth. It was "MUGEN RC 20 GT CIVIC TYPE R Concept" which was produced on the main stage based on the new Civic Type R [FK 8].

68e79cd05f5ed4b3ca680b923c74f6d1.jpg

5b97d798643c6083c0b3c1b570e8987f.jpg

da5d85f544ed86bc31d041d0afe81b91.jpg

Although it is based on the new Civic Type R, it is a model developed aiming at "Ultimate Type R" without considering public road driving, as it is attached with the concept of car name. In the exterior, front and rear bumpers, bonnets, rear spoilers, etc. are made of dry carbon, and the wheel is fitted with 20 inches in front and back. The brake caliper has also been replaced.

837d394d1011c90be7e11ff3b613670e.jpg

The tire size is 245 / 40ZR20 both before and after. Wheel is made of aluminum forging and setting is 20 × 8.5 J +53 in both front and rear. In addition to being exchanged to the exclusive monoblock type for the front calipers around the brakes, the rotor has slits in both front and rear. Of course the brake pads also become exclusive items.

843e8e7a5cfc955572e37a035dea60bb.jpg

Although the inside of the engine is basically not put in the hand, the carbon cleaner box is perfection that can be released even now. In addition to reducing fresh air to reduce the intake air temperature, we can not wait for marketing only for parts that greatly change the appearance inside the engine room.

69fdf5f6949d6ce52d70d8a1bbfdaad5.jpg

068e19d405b4d7e21169c8493ca1ab92.jpg

a9ee66576a983fb96c28394ec9c60144.jpg

2944e3e337357d8951ffc7435b2c7d62.jpg

The interior looks more conceptual than the exterior, meters etc are dummy. The steering is also a formula machine style design. The front seat is a full bucket type, using an already-marketed shell, and that the epidermis has been replaced with a new design. The bucket type is also built in the rear seat and the rear seat occupant is two people. In the center of the car body there is a roll cage penetrating to the luggage space.

It is hard to imagine that this "MUGEN RC 20 GT CIVIC TYPE R Concept" will be sold as it is, but from the word "infinity categorizes the feelings that the infinite civic type R will take", the enthusiasm for this car is transmitted. Looking forward to the development of infinite parts for Civic Type R.

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back