• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Show me your creaminess!

Hello all,

As I get closer to ordering another car I have the same dilemma I had last time - rallye red or champ white. I only saw one champ white car in a showroom and didn't like the creaminess of it, but think all type r's should be bought in white so have same dilemma.

So any chance people could post a pic of their champ white cars outside so I can get an idea of the creaminess?

Yours Creamily

Mike

My M200 thread in my signature has loads of pics. Assume the level of creaminess will be the same on an FK8...?!

They're all creamy, you'll notice it more under certain light and definitely when you have snow on the car, it screams cream then

I think it looks great.....until you park next to a white car. :D
I do think it is scandalous of Honda to charge the same £525 for a solid paint colour as they do metallic....but then most other manufacturers make a charge for solid white now.....just maybe not as much as Honda. Ford for example charge £250.
With very few exceptions, manufacturer additional charges for one type of paint over another is not entirely justified, but they know we will pay it so continue to make the charge. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks great.....until you park next to a white car. :D
I do think it is scandalous of Honda to charge the same £525 for a solid paint colour as they do metallic....but then most other manufacturers make a charge for solid white now.....just maybe not as much as Honda do. Ford for example charge £250.

Stop telling me how good your creaminess looks and show me ;)

That's what I want to avoid - looking and thinking 'would be so much nicer if it was flat white'. I realise how pathetic this is, but it really irks me that I want a white type R but just can't quite bring myself to buy champ white.

Stop telling me how good your creaminess looks and show me ;)

The problem with photography is that most cameras do automatic white balance on the thing you're pointing it at (and very often get it horrifically wrong). Even people who shoot raw tend will have some level of bias (or rely on auto-adjustment offered by their tooling). Plus, most monitors are badly calibrated to make matters even worse.

The only real way to tell is to go look at the cars themselves in the flesh.

My personal feeling is that the FK8 looks best in Championship White, the contrast with the black and red is most striking than with any of the other colours.
Others will feel differently about this, but for me CW was the only option so I paid the £525. :lol:
There is a reason why Honda have chosen CW for all their official publicity shots of the FK8.
You wont regret it if you go for white....but may do if you go for another colour then happen upon a CW car.

The problem with photography is that most cameras do automatic white balance on the thing you're pointing it at (and very often get it horrifically wrong). Even people who shoot raw tend will have some level of bias (or rely on auto-adjustment offered by their tooling). Plus, most monitors are badly calibrated to make matters even worse.

The only real way to tell is to go look at the cars themselves in the flesh.
Its funny you should say this because of the many photos I have taken of my car I have not been able to get one that I am completely happy with....it just doesn't look as good as what I see with my eyes. I have never had this problem with any cars in the past.....including funnily enough a white Focus. :lol:
So yes I would agree the only way is to see one in the actual flesh....so to speak. :)

Its funny you should say this because of the many photos I have taken of my car I have not been able to get one that I am completely happy with....it just doesn't look as good as what I see with my eyes. I have never had this problem with any cars in the past.....including funnily enough a white Focus. :lol:
So yes I would agree the only way is to see one in the actual flesh....so to speak. :)

I agree with this but I'm struggling to find a white Type R to view - the Honda press shots are so photoshopped that it looks flat white (why not sell me that colour then!!!)

Rallye Red is a nice colour - but I agree that the blacks/rear lights don't stand out particularly well against the colour. It can also in dark light look a bit drab

They're all creamy, you'll notice it more under certain light and definitely when you have snow on the car, it screams cream then

this. and to echo the comments about white balance, on this laptop the creaminess doesn't stand out quite as much as it does on the Galaxy S7 phone that took the picture. some of the saturation may also have been lost as I need to reduce the picture size by 50% to fit under a 3Mb upload limit on the SELOC site.

but here you can still see it's not Alpine White :lol:

20171227_095039.jpg

this. and to echo the comments about white balance, on this laptop the creaminess doesn't stand out quite as much as it does on the Galaxy S7 phone that took the picture. some of the saturation may also have been lost as I need to reduce the picture size by 50% to fit under a 3Mb upload limit on the SELOC site.

but here you can still see it's not Alpine White :lol:

20171227_095039.jpg

Hi Ally

Really appreciate the pic.

The Creaminess is strong with you.

8/10 Creaminess

Mine is multi coloured :lol::lol:

99A5F595-EE6F-452B-AC15-BE0998E86563_zpslmzdwckd.jpg

7EE10F07-F57A-4EEC-BF2E-BF6CFAF46DF8_zpsxwvogzjl.jpg

So my assumption is that it depends on the time of day

Insane difference in creaminess. Must be a lot of awb correction going on. How different did they look by eye and not camera

Second pic is off the scale creamy. 9/10 on the creaminess scale

Back