• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Show me your creaminess!

Quick Google as it happens to mine also

"It's due to flies having phototaxis, the same attraction to light that moths have. White cars reflect more light than other colours, and so flies are more attracted to it"

I live in the sticks - you don't wear white or yellow shirts in summer/autumn unless you like being covered in bugs.

The title of this thread is ripe for abuse, i'm amazed Karl (TarmacNymph) hasn't dropped by with a pic :lol:

giphy.gif

When I was a rozzer, for some reason wasps loved the yellow battenburg on the patrol cars!

Trev

I personally think CW is a lovely colour. Yes it is not pure white, nor was it ever meant to be. To me pure/snow white only works on some cars and even then it is far too common, because your average Van is also the same colour. And your average hatchback too... (Golf, Audi, Focus ect.)

The Type R has always looked good in Gunmetal/Dark Grey colours and Championship White, to me at least.

Optical illusion but that looks like a toy car next to the Nissan!

Never liked the white wheels on the Champ white FN2 , so very much like the look of yours

Twas the car that got me into Hondas, the alloys were one of my favourite things about the car, I even purchased a 2nd set.
I've actually been looking at another as my 2nd car but can't trust my sister with oil checks etc, there's a very nice Cw up for sale on civinfo which I keep going back to but based in Scotland unfortunately

I had them on my first CW too. Like rocking horse do-do to get hold of now plus I prefer the ride on the 18s really.

Remember the Cw rage alloys :cool: they were rare in 2013 bet there's not many of those rocking about

Just a little bump on this thread for some advice to my fellow CW brothers and sisters.

I took out the smart repair insurance with Honda, and Shine are the approved repairer. I hit a low wall a little while back, had 5 areas of damage on the rear, plus more on the carbon look trim, so got that from Cox motor parts, £183, fitted that.

Shine came and did a great job in terms of damage repair, but I was not happy with the colour as it looked much whiter. Spoke with them and a troubleshooter came out a week later and yes, the first chap had mixed the paint for the metal bodywork - there is a separate mix for the plastic. He had to redo the whole bumper and it's a better match now (although this paint it is a nightmare as I swear the boot looks creamier now than the bumper and spoiler end plates)

Anyway, the moral of this story is anyone getting repairs in the future, make sure the paint mix is for the bumper and get them to show you it on the handheld thing they have, plus the test sample they mix up.

Spotted a Cw fk8 at a junction in my rear view Monday morning (really surprised me as I'm in the middle of nowhere) but my god that was creamy had a really custard look to it

Meant to put this up before.

1118fo0.jpg

2d9b6g6.jpg

Also, you guys got any recommendations for polish or wax for it?
I previously used Dodojuice Wax. Wondered if you guys have any better ideas for keeping it shiny?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back