• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Show me your creaminess!

You literally have a model year 18....or is that a private plate and the hidden bit is CTR? :lol: looks gorgeous.

I use meguairs white wax and love it, highly recommended. Pain in the ar5e waxing white cars as hard to see where to buff mind you. Biggest pain though is wheels, no sealant i've tried yet makes the brake dust 'simply wash off' like most people say so got some wowo's crystal sealant which arrived today a lot of people rave about so let's see if that's any better or joins the rejects in the shed....

Lighter cars are more suited to sealants, easier on the eye and less effort over a wax.
You can't go wrong with Poorboys White diamond show glaze to get your shine and hide any swirls, then top it off with a decent sealant, Poorboys EXP works very well with the glaze

Lighter cars are more suited to sealants, easier on the eye and less effort over a wax.
You can't go wrong with Poorboys White diamond show glaze to get your shine and hide any swirls, then top it off with a decent sealant, Poorboys EXP works very well with the glaze

My 18 plate, CW, FK8 is only a few moths old, ceramic coated, would these be any good/safe for my paintwork?

Trev

Great, I'll give the Poor Boys White Diamond a bash.

Like all polishes, it is an abrasive hence why I use it on the swirly black parts, so you'd need something on top of it for protection this time of year

Last edited by a moderator:
My 18 plate, CW, FK8 is only a few moths old, ceramic coated, would these be any good/safe for my paintwork?

Trev
A ceramic coating is designed to repel contaminants and make washing easier, so the wax would just sit on it and would be a waste of your time (not to mention cost) in my opinion but I am a keyboard detailer! There are top up sprays available though but as for the look and finish I don't think you'd see a difference.

How much was your coating if you don't mine me asking?

A ceramic coating should only need a wash and an occasional top up with a quick detailer (usually one that's the same brand as your ceramic coating).
A ceramic coating is laid on near perfect paint so definitely no polishing or glazing.

Since having mine coated I have all my previous CW products sat in the shed collecting dust, a ceramic coating cuts your products down to shampoo and detailer only

A ceramic coating is designed to repel contaminants and make washing easier, so the wax would just sit on it and would be a waste of your time (not to mention cost) in my opinion but I am a keyboard detailer! There are top up sprays available though but as for the look and finish I don't think you'd see a difference.

How much was your coating if you don't mine me asking?

Thanks for the reply. It should have been £400, from Honda, but I got a 50% discount.

Trev

A ceramic coating should only need a wash and an occasional top up with a quick detailer (usually one that's the same brand as your ceramic coating).
A ceramic coating is laid on near perfect paint so definitely no polishing or glazing.

Since having mine coated I have all my previous CW products sat in the shed collecting dust, a ceramic coating cuts your products down to shampoo and detailer only

Thanks for the reply. I’ll stick to snow foam and a shammy then!

Trev

Like all polishes, it is an abrasive hence why I use it on the swirly black parts, so you'd need something on top of it for protection this time of year

I have orderd the Poor Boys White Diamond, and a Poorboys Ex-P Sealant for on top.
Just waiting on Delivery, and the correct weather

Where are you based, I should of said I have the EX-P sat in the shed unopened and possibly the white diamond

Back