• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Insurance undervalued my car

Insurance undervaluing my ep3 2006 premier edition 75000. They say it’s worth only £3.900 has anyone got any advice ?

Thats probably about right for a book price I'd say. Can do a lot about it I doubt.

Provide them evidence, like similar vehicles on Autotrader to show how are you going to buy a replacement with what they are offering

Hi,
Yes as above. Try and supply as much supporting information to your insurer if you feel it's been undervalued.
Regards,
Dan.

I had similar trouble with my old clio 172 offered around 2800 max. I went online autotrader etc, gathered all cars nationwide same year, mileage and spec. Which were more value than offered. Got the print outs and fowarded to insurance company. Managed to get 3500 after the excess.

The book price is not always correct which they follow. True market selling price for me.Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not helpful now but I have always insure older cars on a fixed value, you normally need to supply photographs etc, a number of my Elise buddies have done this specifically if modded with k20 sc cc cars.

Back