• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 Global Registry

Maybe they are a spy like 007, but 50 places down
Or it's their R number....

Don't recall asking where their username came from, but err yeh ok.

Was more interested who this person was that has literally just signed up to the forums to post links, asking people to fill in their details on.

Call me cynical but I don't trust random url's from unknowns.

Especially as the language is 'have you guys seen this site?' sounds very spambot to me. Would trust it more if he'd signed up and said he was from this site hoping to get numbers registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I am not a spy, even though Agent R-00057 sounds cool!
I am a FK8 owner from Texas, which was forwarded to this site by members of civicx.com and have known about the FK8 Registry because a Honda Enthusiast friend built it.
They are gathering R badge #'s; Year Model & Color of the FK8 production run. They have already have multiple people from UK sign up.

Well that was a nice welcome superfly!

Hello agent 57, welcome to our little FK8 site this side of the pond....we are small but we are growing as more owners take delivery. We have 10 bhp more than you and won't let you forget it :lol:

I saw this site on civicx and posted the link in the general section but most would have missed it

No I am not a spy, even though Agent R-00057 sounds cool!
I am a FK8 owner from Texas, which was forwarded to this site by members of civicx.com and have known about the FK8 Registry because a Honda Enthusiast friend built it.
They are gathering R badge #'s; Year Model & Color of the FK8 production run. They have already have multiple people from UK sign up.

Much much better, that's all I was asking for :)

Welcome matey, how is America liking their first (official) type-r?

The bike forum I'm on constantly has people signing up with the sole intention of pedalling their wares, trying to get your info, filling out surveys for their college courses or linking their mind-numbing youtube channels. No interest in being part of the community, just signed up to spam. Gotten quite jaded over the years when I see someone link a website in their 1st post. The fact you've come back with a little explanation goes a long way in my book! So yes, welcome again.. enjoy your stay.

Loving it, just like their McDonalds!

Thank you for the welcome my new friends!
I am very happy to be here & growing to love my FK8 every MILE I put on it!
I also have enjoyed joining the Type R communities to learn for about all aspects of the new chassis.
However, not a newbie...my Honda roots are real, +20yrs deep. Super Street Cover & 10sec club in 2000 under this big 40yr old Honda guy's belt.

We use miles here too matey.

The reason for the 10 extra bhp over here is the higher octane petrol isn't it? In the US it's 92 RON but over here it's 95 or 98 for the good stuff.

Would have thought so.

US has a different scale of octane ratings to us.
They have 3 grades and the top one they call 93 is equivalent to our 98/99.

If their FK8 engines are rated slightly lower on power it may be there is a tweak to further reduce the emissions for that market.

Back