• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Infotainment

Well I was just having a play about with the stereo system and came across skin change......... I changed it over and it did all therestart/loading.after 5mins I realised I didn't Like it so I went to switch it back,now all it has on the screen Is a Honda badge and a loading circle thing that just spins round!!!can't do anything with it now!any help?

You might have to do a reset. Hold the power button down for 10 seconds.

Definite Honda job! Still doing the same thing.ill let you know the problem just in case anyone else encounters this

How many times have you tried rebooting,
When my reversing guide lines disappeared the reboot I had to do twice because it seemed to stay on the spinning screen

This Honda Connect has been problematic from day 1. Why they couldn't have used a decent manufacturer beats me. It's main issue, according to a Honda insider I know, is that it's not powerful enough to accept all the info chucked at it concurrently. The various firmware updates have been to slow down or reduce the info to a speed it can handle.

Plus it's still running Android ICS, how old is that now.

The Connect unit, is circa £500 compared to £1,500 for the rock solid Alpine unit it replaced.

Definite Honda job! Still doing the same thing.ill let you know the problem just in case anyone else encounters this

Do you have an iPod connected ? Mine did what yours did and as soon as I unplugged the iPod it rebooted.

Well it turns out that the garage that I bought the car from didn't do an update before selling it to me that's why it's gone down!all sorted now though from my local Honda garage

Turns out it might not be just an update,they are saying it could be to do with the dashcam that's caused a power surge!I can't see it myself,could be trying to have my pants down!!!

Connected on the red and purple pin according to the drawing that was sent with the plug,also got led lights on the other pin.

Just had a phone call saying the update didn't work and it needs a new stereo system,can't as yet tell me what's caused it though!hopefully this can be done under warranty

The pinout diagram is correct, I can confirm.

You didn't plug in the connector with the ignition on did you? Even so it would have blown a fuse and not the head unit.

It was all working fine,it was working for a month with it wired up.when it went down all I had done was changed the skin setting on the head unit from the standard to the other pay out,after it said it would restart it never came back on

All the head unit was displaying was the Honda badge and the loading circle that spins round.it just this over and over

I don't see how they can blame the dash cam bud. Hopefully they'll see sense!

Well I can't either.just out of curiosity would you say a 10amp fuse is fine in the spare or to make the option connector work?or is that maybe too high?

Back