• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 First TD in FK8 - any pointers?

Track days in the rain are the most fun though, not fast but tricky and certainly makes you work for the results!

I'll grant you that, you certainly learn more in the wet than the dry. unfortunately for most on Sunday's track day there were just too many people trying to give it the maximum attack and unsurprisingly ending up in the kitty litter - so a lot of red flags and delays. If you saw the amount of gravel, grass, and mud on the track at times you'd be forgiven in thinking it was rally stage. :lol:

it also made me realise that not everyone on track is driving their pride and joy, yes it was still fun, I know the risks and will certainly do another. but it does make you question yourself when you see some drivers turn up with cars that worth less than a single FK8 alloy and their seemingly apparent intention to drive their car until it breaks.

I think Richard's idea of a combined Lotus/Honda day is a good one.

Like you, last wet track day I did was also littered in a similar way, bottom of the craner curves was covered in mud, also it had a stream of water running across it as well so that was entertaining to watch folk overcook it there!

I know exactly what you mean. I've tracked both my daily EP3 as well as the track EP3 and I'll admit to driving them both differently knowing the track car will simply be tailored home whereas I'd have to drive the other one back.

I am off to Spa for a track day in May so looking for all the help I can get. I see Project Mu pads get a good write up
but any others.

Thanks

Thank You, how are they for wear I would like to travel over and get back on the same set of pads. If possible how are they for dust ?

They are quite a dusty pad but good alloy protection will counteract that issue. Fine for travelling home on too :)

Thank You, how are they for wear I would like to travel over and get back on the same set of pads. If possible how are they for dust ?

I did a full day at Spa, 2 laps of the Ring, A full day at Brands Hatch and 7,000 + miles on my HC800's. I part Exed the car with 20% pad left.

Wow thats quite some endorsement TiMtImInYtImTiM, I didn't think you would get that sort of mileage on any pad with those events. What tyres did you use ?
Can you remember pressures for Spa. Is it hard on tyres.

Dotty what wheel seal do you recumbent I used Poor Boys on the EK9 with mixed results.

Many Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thats quite some endorsement TiMtImInYtImTiM, I didn't think you would get that sort of mileage on any pad with those events. What tyres did you use ?
Can you remember pressures for Spa. Is it hard on tyres.

Dotty what wheel seal do you recumbent I used Poor Boys on the EK9 with mixed results.

Many Thanks

Yokohama AD08R, Awesome tyre and also lasted all of those trips (- 4,000 of those mile). The tyres had plenty of tread left on them after that amount of track time.

I use CarPro Ceramic sealant on my wheels. Wonderful stuff

Interesting about the Yokohama AD08R as over on the Dc2 Forum they didn't get a good write up from a regular track day, hill climber.
But different cars obviously.

Thanks all this is a really helpful thread to me.

Interesting about the Yokohama AD08R as over on the Dc2 Forum they didn't get a good write up from a regular track day, hill climber.
But different cars obviously.

Thanks all this is a really helpful thread to me.

I never spoken to anyone with a bad word to say about the AD08R. I know lots of much better drivers than me who swear by them.

Some of them Drive DC5's and belong to this forum

Will have a look at them then. Thanks. I didn't know if they worked on a faster, heavier car. So its always good that you
has used them on the car and at track days. I have AD08-R on my EK9 and am they are good on that.

Edit to add the ITR post referred to old tyre AD08 and not the AD08R apologies for any doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
How are they in the cold/wet from your experience?

They need some heat in them really before they start working properly in my opinion. Good fun in the wet sliding around though. They are highly rated for a reason, great when dry and manageable when cold and wet, I really rate them.

Agree,

My first real test was at Spa in October on a cold wet morning. They were manageable in the wet conditions with good feeback and started to come good a few laps in. Once the track dried out they were brilliant.

Back