• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rusty sills Ep3

The dreaded rot has got to the front of my sill(s) on my ukdm ep3!! 2003

Anyone else rectified this on theirs? Front driver's side is gone behind the jacking pt. Hole right through so won't pass an mot I reckon

Hi, think you'll find its the norm for older EP3 or mine which spent most of its life in Scotland owned by a squaddie

Hi, think you'll find its the norm for older EP3 or mine which spent most of its life in Scotland owned by a squaddie
Cheers mate. Yeah getting to that age now.

Shouldn't be a big job to weld eh? Was a bit shocked to see it like. How come it would fail an mot? It's not structural?

Just jacked my ep3 up this morning to replace a blown exhaust gasket, then looked at my sills to see a bit of an unexpected sight! Near side sill towards the front has rotted through? Mot is not until August but want to get it repaired soon. Can anyone recommend any good body work places that could weld / repair this in Lincolnshire / Nottinghamshire area? I’m based in Lincoln. I’m looking to have body seal underneath done as well. Any recommendations / advise would be great. Cheers

My car has some of it's earl life in Scottish winters - i'm currently looking at sorting the front end some time this year.

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

I have a front sub frame being plastic coated and looking at a pair of new OEM honda R/L shocks, pair of drop links, /L lower arms.
I hope to salvage the top mounts and springs.
I will also have to replace all the bolts, both ABS sensors (they are rusted-in) and ball joints.
While I am there the chassis struts need painting where the steering column bolts on *** it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I feel your pain, mines particularly bad on the front sills! I need to under seal all underneath, Over the past five years of ownership I’ve replaced / upgraded lots of parts so some stuff is still good. I will get on rust proofing in the next couple of months ( Joy ):rolleyes:

Back