• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ZX1 Friction Eliminator

As the title says, ZX1 friction eliminator, has anyone used it in engine oil or transmission? If so does it work/ do you notice any difference.

Cheers.

I wouldn't run anything other than MTF-3 in the transmission unless I had an LSD that mandated otherwise. Reducing friction in a gearbox seems counter-productive since the synchros rely upon friction to work properly and transmission oil contains friction modifiers to assist with that.

For the engine, god knows, might be worthwhile.

I wouldn't run anything other than MTF-3 in the transmission unless I had an LSD that mandated otherwise. Reducing friction in a gearbox seems counter-productive since the synchros rely upon friction to work properly and transmission oil contains friction modifiers to assist with that.

For the engine, god knows, might be worthwhile.

Cheers for your reply. I was thinking the same as for transmission however i only brought this up as I was reading some of my old Banzia magazines and came across an interesting read when they tested ten different types of oil at TDI North on the dyno and the 2nd best oil in the test was millers 5w40 nanodrive with a small bottle of this zx1 gave an extra 4bhp on the day? Just thought this was interesting?

Cheers

Cheers for that info. I think I will just stick millers nanodrive 5w-40 oil and not bother putting zx1 In engine.

Back