• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

If you can afford it, buy it!
You will only end up wishing you had.
I have an FN2 GT and can't see why anyone would have bought the poverty spec car unless they were determined to use in on the track when the savings would be useful to add the after market track kit.

This is true i just wanted to know if was worth it and can see it is .. i was always planning to get GT anyway so im more stoked into getting one now .. finance not such an issue but i would prefer to get a 18-20k loan and only pay £1.5k interest rather than £3.5-£4k in interest charges and i get to pay over 5 years on a loan (got the rest saved up for the max deposit anyway). if i can get the right dealer who can give me a good deal . i.e free lighting kit with logo lit up sills and mats saving about a grand then it offsets some of the interest that way ..

also there is special VIP event @ honda carlisle end of this week for the weekend and can try there and see what they can give ..

I went down the loan route, I put 10k down and loaned 30k over 5 years, totally regretting it now.
I could have been paying Honda 200 odd a month and left me a decent amount a month but instead I'm paying around £570 a month and feeling broke, yes I own the car outright but I haven't got that option of trading in at 3 years.
Have you not considered ex demos, there are some cracking prices on low mileage ones and they usually throw in deals with those, Hondas VIP events usually exclude the type R

I went down the loan route, I put 10k down and loaned 30k over 5 years, totally regretting it now.
I could have been paying Honda 200 odd a month and left me a decent amount a month but instead I'm paying around £570 a month and feeling broke, yes I own the car outright but I haven't got that option of trading in at 3 years.
Have you not considered ex demos, there are some cracking prices on low mileage ones and they usually throw in deals with those, Hondas VIP events usually exclude the type R

I have a feeling it will exclude the Hondas on the VIP too .. will ring and ask first though just to make sure .

well i got £13k saved up so far but next month will be £15k after the job im doing is finished and money owed me. so a loan from Natwest i can get £19k @3.4% fixed per year , over 5 years its £20.662 paying back £344 a month. paying over the 3 year PCP @ £350 a month and then paying £15k to take the car at the end with £9.5k deposit ..works out im paying £2k less in interest with the loan compared to the PCP . also there is a chance of paying off the loan early with a fee meaning even less interest .

Borrow :

£19,000.00
over 5 years
Representative

3.4% APR
Interest rate

3.40% p.a. (Fixed)
will cost

£344.37 per month
Total amount payable :

£20,662.20

you must be paying high interest as with natwest after 19,900 its goes up .

sainsburys do a even lower interest at 2.9%

https://www.natwest.com/personal/lo...BiTiCG4llSDDb7ghaaMaw8AqFTY-wjaRoCTVoQAvD_BwE

Mine was with my bank (Barclay's) it was a last minute change of mind so instant 1 click approval late at night.

The plan throughout my whole year wait was PCP but towards the delivery date the dealer was really pushing PCP on to me, every phone call was PCP PCP PCP it became uncomfortable, so I went home and got the loan.
Emailed him that night saying I'm paying in full, 2 days later my phone rings "I'm leaving, but not to worry I'll pass you over to my colleague" Yep he's still there 3 years on :lol: surprising how they change when their commission is threatened

Mine was with my bank (Barclay's) it was a last minute change of mind so instant 1 click approval late at night.

The plan throughout my whole year wait was PCP but towards the delivery date the dealer was really pushing PCP on to me, every phone call was PCP PCP PCP it became uncomfortable, so I went home and got the loan.
Emailed him that night saying I'm paying in full, 2 days later my phone rings "I'm leaving, but not to worry I'll pass you over to my colleague" Yep he's still there 3 years on :lol: surprising how they change when their commission is threatened

This could be a way of getting the car lower on PCP . I can say im thinking of paying in full because the PCP you offer is pants , could be then i have the ball in my court !! so to speak .

With the deposit you have you will always have more money in the car than you owe so unless the the figures with the Apr is night and day better I would go pcp as this better protects you due to a lower payment. It's also worth noting you can make additional payments on pcp and you a refunded the interest charged on the agreement that is shown when you agree the deal. I purchased a x demo FK8 GT with 1k on the clock, £10k deposit with pcp packages costing me around £223pm. Made 1 payment so far plus overpaid just over £3k payments now down to under £210pm and with final payment now under £11k. Aiming to pay a minimum over payment of £100 per week all off final payment which will leave me owning the car outright in a little over 2 years without touching the savings. The best part is the over payments are totally optional pay as much or as little as I like so no pressure for example paid £340 this week while one week I only paid £35 extra.

With the deposit you have you will always have more money in the car than you owe so unless the the figures with the Apr is night and day better I would go pcp as this better protects you due to a lower payment. It's also worth noting you can make additional payments on pcp and you a refunded the interest charged on the agreement that is shown when you agree the deal. I purchased a x demo FK8 GT with 1k on the clock, £10k deposit with pcp packages costing me around £223pm. Made 1 payment so far plus overpaid just over £3k payments now down to under £210pm and with final payment now under £11k. Aiming to pay a minimum over payment of £100 per week all off final payment which will leave me owning the car outright in a little over 2 years without touching the savings. The best part is the over payments are totally optional pay as much or as little as I like so no pressure for example paid £340 this week while one week I only paid £35 extra.

I did not know you could overpay on the payments . I thought the more you paid each month the less you paid on balloon payment and the interest doesn't change .

anyhow ... I've just seen the TAX for the first year ...

Did anybody get their 1st year tax paid by dealer ?

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing to suggest with financing, is to not overlook the option of a Interest Free Credit Card. When speaking to my bank (Lloyds) were able to offer me a 28 month interest free card, and due to the fact I have a good wage and no other credit they offered me £12.5k limit. This meant I could stick £10k towards the CTR on the card. Yes Honda do have a card handling fee (2.5% which was £250 on £10k) but now as long as I pay the minimum amount each month (1% of the balance) it's interest free money for the next 2 years.

So all in £250 it's cost me to borrow £10k, but you just need to make sure you clear all/most of it off by the time the interest rate goes up in month 29.

I've just seen the TAX for the first year ...
Did anybody get their 1st year tax paid by dealer ?
Yes, absolutely everybody who buys the car brand new and is the first registered keeper. :D
First year tax is included in the on the road cost of the car, which has been a legal requirement for many years now.
I am old enough to remember when new car prices were quoted in 2 ways - ex works and on the road.

As stated above we win with this car in subsequent years due to the road tax only being £140. Prior to April 2017 it would have been £240 per year for this car at current rates. :)

£220 as I've just paid that :(
Yes but you have an FK2.
The FK8 emits 176g/km(Band I) which is the starting point for £240 per year road tax.
The good news of course is that all FK8's fall into the new category introduced on 1st April 2017 so we only pay £140 per year to tax. :)

Back