• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda seat belt warranty

I have read that Honda give a lifetime warranty on their seatbelts is this true ?

as my drivers belt does not retract proberly 9 out 10 times and has damaged

the drivers door rubber which I had just replaces, any help would be welcome.

Thanks.

You might be able to improve it retracting by pulling the belt out as far as it will go and giving it a damn good clean with detergent, top and bottom. Get all the oils and crap that's built up on it over the years out of it. Leave it unspooled to dry, you might be able to just use a clothes-peg or two to hold it in position.

Then take your time giving the upper loop it runs through on the B-pillar a good clean too. Worst case you have a clean seatbelt, best case it actually retracts properly.

You might be able to improve it retracting by pulling the belt out as far as it will go and giving it a damn good clean with detergent, top and bottom. Get all the oils and crap that's built up on it over the years out of it. Leave it unspooled to dry, you might be able to just use a clothes-peg or two to hold it in position.

Then take your time giving the upper loop it runs through on the B-pillar a good clean too. Worst case you have a clean seatbelt, best case it actually retracts properly.
This usually works for me.

Thanks Mike.h. I did quickly give it a clean with a cloth and fairy liquid, but it was freezing so it was a quick clean, as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer I'll soak it in a bucket for a few hours and clean it properly.
I know for sure that Honda US give a lifetime warranty on belts and reels, I was just wondering if this also applied to Europe, dont see why it shouldnt same equipment different Country.

I know for sure that Honda US give a lifetime warranty on belts and reels, I was just wondering if this also applied to Europe, dont see why it shouldnt same equipment different Country.

Could be down to legislation, sadly. In which case things could be completely different.

Back