• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20a2 not hitting the limiter

Hi guys
Right ive noticed that when i give the car a boot or even give it a bash on the limiter, my revs aint going past 7900, just sits there and im unsure on what it can be down to, to get it sorted
Heres a run down: 142k timing chain being done in a couple of days, along with valve clearances.
Mods: basic breathing mods: 3” injen induction kit, superstreet n1 system.
It seems to drive fine into vtec does pull strong till 7900.
Ive been to check to see if the flexi/ cat has gone but have been unable to but noticed the garage welded the system to the manifold.
Been told by a couple of people that i need to check my fuel pump but it doesnt seem to starve in low revs.

Thanks

Could anyone point me in the right direction to a post thread as if im honest i wouldnt even know what id be looking at to see a similar post.

Stick it on youtube but set it as "unlisted" and post the link to it in here.

Some reason youtube isnt accepting the video.
I had the diagnostic machine on it and all it came up with was the ELD p1298 :confused:
I did however checked the solenoid off and the vtec gasket the mesh bit had started to peel off so swapped that over today but that didnt cure it.

Yea been looking on there and reading up some symptoms,
Im having one sent out tomorrow so hopefully i should have it for tuesday and see what it does.
Also timing been booked in for the end of the month as it hsnt been done yet along with the clutch, as ive started to notice it slipping when changing gears and it is sitting quite high.

It's normally when the bite is low and the pedal firm that you have issues.

Slipping when it's high is a bit odd.

Hello guys prob not many looking at this thread, but still having issues with this so, so far ive done the following:
Eld fuse was replaced
New spark plugs
Vtec solenoid gasket, along with vtec solenoid
Vtc sensor was taken out and cleaned up then refitted
Installed a walbro 255 fuel pump
Removed the air filter yes that was damaged and a big tear was found.
Checked all the vtec wires and all seemed fine

Soo what else does people suggest?

Thanks

Check the flow rate on the injectors? Could be worn or some kind of gunk/blockage in them or the fuel rail.

Check the throttle body & see if it’s actuating properly, get someone to sit in the car and press the pedal with the engine off. Also check for gunk etc at the same time.

Are you sure it's 7900 rpm? Rev limit is 8250 on K20A2 if I remember right, so not much different and rev counters aren't the most accurate of things.

Yea it is holding there, started hearing a rattle at cold on start then goes quickly only Heard it this morning

Back