• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Fk2 bonnet spacing

Hi I'm new to the forum and have a bit of a newbie question I'm just wondering if anyone else has uneven spacing where bonnet meets the wheel arches. For example the gap is wider on one side? Thanks in advance

I have a large gap between the bonnet edge & the wheel arch (both sides) these gaps are called the front wings :lol:

Regards,Mark.

Mine seem to be nice & even mate :)

Have you had the car from new ?

Welcome BTW :smt006

Regards,Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, mine has a wider gap on one side than the other.youd have thought with Honda's renowned build quality it would be bang on equal on both sides.might have something to do with the bonnet being a standard size the centre line of the bonnet has to match the central bonnet catch and the distance from one wing to the other?
When I first got my fk2 which was pre-owned I noticed the difference but over time you get used to it. Nothings bang on symmetrical in this world, Or was the car built on a Monday?Lol! Seriously it must have been inspected by quality control and I'm sure there is a logical answer. I bet someone at the Swindon factory would know.
One thing's for sure it won't effect the absolutely stunning looks and performance and handling which a fk2 possesses.
Regards Fred.

Back