• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear Damper to wheel ratio

Hi guys.

Just in the process of setting up some rear ohlins dampers and have a technical question if any one can help.

What is the ratio of damper to wheel movement, i.e. 1:1 etc.

Im guessing its close to 1:1 as the damper is not inclined to the wheel movement.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I don’t think anyone will know that information unless you physically measure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the ratio out of curiosity mate?

What other settings have you dialled into them?

Hi Kryzs.

I forget the exact figure but the rears are more or less up right so not far off 1:1.

The Ohlins were re valved serviced and set up on a dyno by Garry @ GM suspension (Ohlins agent)
He requested various information for the use of the car, corner weights with driver and navigator and average fuel load, weights of wheels with tyres etc.

From this information he could determine the settings and spring rates. They were returned to me pre set but there is scope to adjust if required as they are three way adjustable. Hi speed bump, low speed bump & rebound
To be honest without going out and doing back to back testing I would be out of my depth but they are working well as they are compared with the Leda coilovers previously used.
I will have a play with the settings when I get the opportunity though.

Thanks
Andy

Back