• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone who uses a USB stick for their music getting weird behaviour?

Slight niggle but is annoying.

Don't know if it's the way I've put the files on the thumb drive or not. (Incidentally my 15 year old pioneer stereo never had this issue)

Basically I could be playing an album and turn the car off. 7 times out of 10 when I turn the car back on it defaults to the 1st song of the 1st album on the drive, plays roughly 10-20seconds of it, then skips to the next album.

Had weird things where the next album in the list isn't always the one that starts if the previous ends.

There's been the odd time I realise it's only playing about 5 songs from random albums only to find it's gone from my music folder to the video folder and are playing tracks that have vids with them (although obviously doesn't play the vid whilst driving) so setting that back sorts it, but I never set it to that in the 1st place so...

Just a little weird.

Can't find the option for shuffle so I'm guessing it's off (can't turn it on if I can't find it, heh)

All my music is arranged in folders: Artist > Album > mp3s

tempted to just chuck everything in a big pile and see if it's any better.

Anyone getting smilar weirdness?

Also, anyone worked out how to fast forward through tracks? Got source, next track/album but no skip?

Cheers

I have all my USB music in one pile and its been absolutely fine...

Fast forwarding I hold down the left direction key on the wheel I think......although come to mention it, only on straights....

I have my music on USB also and it behaves normally. When turned back on it always picks up where it left off.
One thing I don't like about this system is there doesn't seem to be(or I haven't found) a way to display the contents of your USB stick....can only select albums in order one after the other?
At least it keeps all tracks in the correct numbered running order, because it infuriated me the way my previous Ford Sync2 system would rearrange the order according to some unknown protocol it had. :mad:

Fast forwarding I hold down the left direction key on the wheel I think....
The left and right arrows have only ever skipped albums (by holding it down) or skipped songs when pressed. Never been able to fast forward.

Heh yeh although I said my pioneer worked it played albums not in alphabetical order but in the order I put the album onto the card. I.e. date order.

Who thought that was ever a good idea?!

What do you mean display the contents of your usb stick? you just go to music and hit 'folder' - shows you a list of all your files.

Might chuck everything into a big pile and see if that helps

At least it keeps all tracks in the correct numbered running order, because it infuriated me the way my previous Ford Sync2 system would rearrange the order according to some unknown protocol it had. :mad:

Playlists sorted that issue.

Not sure on the fk8 though.

What do you mean display the contents of your usb stick? you just go to music and hit 'folder' - shows you a list of all your files.
I have never found that option....maybe I need to look harder.
That's the thing about being used to one system....when you move to another it can take a while to find all the things that you took for granted before....if they are even there. :lol:

Playlists sorted that issue.
Not sure on the fk8 though.
I just wanted to play albums in the order they came in and I was familiar with......but I never did manage it. :(
No problem on the FK8 in that respect....all album tracks play in the original and correct numbered order. :D

From our friends on Civic X:

"On that note, I've found the easiest way to listen to music is to throw everything on a memory stick. You first create subfolders labeled by genre or artist and then dump files into the subfolders. Plug it in and you can actually see those subfolders and move between them on screen. You don't have to keep hitting next next to get to mp3 #576. You pull up the subfolder, tap the folder and then can scroll through the contents of that folder. Works better than I thought it would. I leave the $20 memory stick plugged in at all times and don't have to worry about connecting my cell... leaving my cell in the car and getting stolen, etc. Just always have that memory stick plugged in the storage bin with 2000 mp3s. "

Anyone getting smilar weirdness?

Simple answer, yes.
About 50% of the time, the car continues to play from where you last listened from, the other 50% it plays track 1. No obvious reason I can work out.

The USB port in the armrest console of mine has stopped working completely & appears to have killed my official Honda memory stick at the same time. (Will get it looked at when I get a chance)

I now use a 2nd official Honda memory stick in the USB port under the Dash/behind the Gear stick & no issues so far. It also seems to remember what you last listened too more often, but still not 100% of the time.

I was gutted that I didn't have a CD player at 1st, but I have been converted/modernised now.

No problem here either.

Always continues from where it left off.

This is a 9G FK2 with the Alpine Premium audio. I could well understand the Connect unit losing info and starting over given its history.

Right tried the 'chucking everything in a pile' idea and that was a disaster. It couldn't work out albums, songs were all over the place.. wasn't pretty.

Went back to itunes media and double checked my albums. Even though they're in tunes some of them were missing data such as track name, track no. etc.. so I added them all in using mp3tag before copying them onto my usb thumb drive (back in artist > album > track folder order). Once done I then ran drivesort on the top level dir to get everything lined up properly.

So far today I've been in and out of the car 6+ times with work, shop, training etc.. and it's not reset back to the start once. Always picked up right where I left so so fingers crossed it's actually behaving now. :)

Right tried the 'chucking everything in a pile' idea and that was a disaster. It couldn't work out albums, songs were all over the place.. wasn't pretty.

Went back to itunes media and double checked my albums. Even though they're in tunes some of them were missing data such as track name, track no. etc.. so I added them all in using mp3tag before copying them onto my usb thumb drive (back in artist > album > track folder order). Once done I then ran drivesort on the top level dir to get everything lined up properly.

So far today I've been in and out of the car 6+ times with work, shop, training etc.. and it's not reset back to the start once. Always picked up right where I left so so fingers crossed it's actually behaving now. :)

If you have itunes I asume you have an iPhone or iPod. Why not just use that? That car has apple car play. This is far superior to the Honda OEM audio player.

because i don't want to plug my phone in everytime i get in the car, would rather just turn it on and I have music regardless of having my phone with me or not.

I've used apple play on occasion but now my usb drive is working I don't need anything else :)

because i don't want to plug my phone in everytime i get in the car, would rather just turn it on and I have music regardless of having my phone with me or not.
Me too. There may be good points about plugging a phone in.....hence all this apple car play and android auto malarkey.....but I just see it as too much of a faff!
Just plug in a USB stick and forget about it. :)
Incidentally I found the option to display all contents of my USB stick so I'm sorted too. :D

I have an old iPod connected in to the port in the glovebox. I usually plug my phone in for Apple car play ease also.

Back