• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 type r window trim / mechanism / rattle / gap

Hi

There are gaps between my windows and the rubber trim (the one that sits at the bottom of the window on the outside) so if I were to pore water on the glass most of it disappears inside the door somewhere. That can't be good?

I know ep3 windows rattle / seem to fit badly and mine is no exception. Is this gap I've got linked to the badly secured windows? Or do I just need a new window trim seel thingy?

I'm seeing if I need to start by taking off the door panel and mess about with the window mechanism to limit the play in the windows which would then push the glass against the trim to close the gap? Thus limiting the rattle in the window as well hopefully.

It's about the thickness of a 10p most of the way across on both drivers and passenger doors.

Cheers

Tom

Probably just wants a new seal given the age of these cars now. Some use a braided line to push the window out.

Also for info water will always get into the door, that's why they have drain holes along the bottom of them.

Back