• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

A bit frustrating really.

The Beast from the East has scuppered the excitement of picking up my new Type-R on the 1st of the month. All I could do was go into the showroom to see it looking all nice and sparkly.... then jump back into the Landrover to go 15 miles cross-country to home through the snowdrifts and blizzards. As you can see, I don't think I would even get it down the driveway today!!

Ach well... it will hopefully be cleared by the weekend and I can get some proper photos....

ZlQxYjf.jpg

eoX0woZ.jpg

xKjGPFa.jpg

40PKizp.jpg

man - that looks bloody lovely. :smt038 and I don't blame you for keeping this little red devil at the showroom until the beast leaves us.

First 18 plate I've seen, and what better car to see it on! :smt023

Ohhh sexy ass :lol:
Better to be wrapped up warm in the showroom than out in the white stuff mate.. a few more days will be worth the wait :cool:

I pick up mine tomorrow! Hopefully have more luck with this one!

Slightly jealous of your rallye red! Looks great

If I was you I would be delaying pickup till all the snow has gone....which will probably be into next week.
Will be a shame to get the car filthy on the very first drive....but that's probably inevitable.
I'm liking the look of the tailgate spoiler. :cool:
I really think it should have been a standard feature on the GT model.

Niiiiice.....! Ah so the 18 plate is with us....time to look up the private plates!!! Cant be driving around in an old '67,' so last month....

renmure, what number is yours out of interest? I know its not linked to UK numbers blah de blah, but interested to see where we are at now

Good call! Saw a horrible orange type colour Focus RS, 18 plate parked on an untreated side street last night, crazy fool.

Good call! Saw a horrible orange type colour Focus RS, 18 plate parked on an untreated side street last night, crazy fool.

At least it'll be as obvious as a traffic cone :D

ASBO-orange as described by Clarkson.

Saw a horrible orange type colour Focus RS, 18 plate parked on an untreated side street last night
Are you sure it was an RS? Its just that there is no orange colour option for the RS, or anything close that could be confused with it.
Could it have been an ST in Tangerine Scream you seen? This is a more yellowish colour compared with Electric Orange of the Mk.2 Focus ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it was an RS? Its just that there is no orange colour option for the RS, or anything close that could be confused with it.
Could it have been an ST in Tangerine Scream you seen? This is a more yellowish colour compared with Electric Orange of the Mk.2 Focus ST.

Might be an ST then, I don't actively keep up with the Fords if I'm honest. Mainly because they don't interest me.

Might be an ST then, I don't actively keep up with the Fords if I'm honest. Mainly because they don't interest me.
I take an interest in all cars......even ones I would never consider owning.
Its like general knowledge. :)
Knowing the names of colours is probably a step too far though. :D However I do know the difference between a Focus ST and RS......unless its covered in snow of course. :lol:

Looks lovely. Definitely worth waiting a few days - mine is buried in a snow drift currently.

Knowing the names of colours is probably a step too far though. :D However I do know the difference between a Focus ST and RS......unless its covered in snow of course. :lol:
I like an appreciate a wide variety of cars. I much prefer the older Fords if I am honest. The current line-up isn't my cup of tea but that's not to say I think they're bad cars either.

I try to find out what I can about as much as I can too :)

Ford are making a limited edition (50) Orange RS as a final swansong before production ends on 06/04. Perhaps it was one of those?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...s-rs-heritage-edition-lands-hardcore-swansong

Ford are making a limited edition (50) Orange RS as a final swansong before production ends on 06/04. Perhaps it was one of those?
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...s-rs-heritage-edition-lands-hardcore-swansong
Well spotted....I never knew this. :D Have just checked the latest price list dated 12th February and it is on there, but wasn't on the December one.
I doubt any of these models have been delivered to customers yet.
A desirable car no doubt.....but 40 grand! :eek:

Back