• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

renmure, what number is yours out of interest? I know its not linked to UK numbers blah de blah, but interested to see where we are at now

Hmmm. I didn't think to take a look and I can't make it out from the only photo I took of the inside.
The interior illumination pack is quite nice. I also noticed that they gave me a full set of mats including a Type R boot mat.

This is my local Dealer who gave me a demo drive of their car with the Dealer Principle driving the car for about 45 mins on the back roads like most of us would, then suggested I come back the next day after they had filled it with petrol and that I take it away for the weekend and enjoy it myself before even suggesting I speak to a salesman. That's how to sell cars methinks.

xFGKLdg.jpg

The interior illumination pack is quite nice. I also noticed that they gave me a full set of mats including a Type R boot mat.
I think I noticed you saying in another thread that you paid the basic list price of 33 grand, is that correct? (maybe I misinterpreted and you meant the value)
If that's the case then along with the tailgate spoiler they have given you hundreds of pounds worth of free accessories.
Is that the Perth branch you bought from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid a penny less than £32750.01
No, the Broughty Ferry branch. To be fair, I was pretty insistent on what I wanted including the service plan to finalise a deal, didn't have a trade-in and was reasonably well known to the salesman as having a bunch of other performance cars so not likely to be wasting anybody's time. I think they just wanted another new Type-R out and about in the local area and were happy to break even or there abouts on it. Rear mat is only £45ish to Dealers so hardly the give-away of the century.

I paid a penny less than £37500.01
No, the Broughty Ferry branch.
I did misunderstand.....it all adds up now.....and as you say doesn't appear to be any give aways at that price.
I was sure we spoke before and you said you were going to be buying from the Perth branch.
Broughty Ferry is where I bought mine, I was their first FK8 sale.
Who was your salesman? I had Chris Dolan and found him a pleasure to deal with. :)

Argh..... sorry.. I got my numbers the wrong way round and have edited it!
£32750.

(honestly, I really do pay attention to figures in real life lol)

The Perth Branch and I got close... but not quite over the line as far as a deal.
Rhuaraidh was who I dealt with in the Ferry with James in the background I suspect.
I'd asked for Rhuaraidh specifically since he was the one I spoke to a couple of years ago when I was looking at the previous model but nothing came of it as I wasn't 100% convinced about the shape of the car at the front. Happy this time. Well... I will be when I get it home!!

Argh..... sorry.. I got my numbers the wrong way round and have edited it!
£32750.
After I wrote my reply I was thinking about the first price and it seemed very expensive. :confused:
Including the service plan you have got over £1200 worth of extras and still saved £245 off the basic list price.
That is quite a significant result IMO. :D

After I wrote my reply I was thinking about the first price and it seemed very expensive. :confused:
Including the service plan you have got over £1200 worth of extras and still saved £245 off the basic list price.
That is quite a significant result IMO. :D

Yeah, I understand the Dearer margin is about 4% on the list price so we pretty much broke even.
Always good to come away knowing there wasn't anything else left on the table. It was a very grown up discussion actually.

Are you sure it was an RS? Its just that there is no orange colour option for the RS, or anything close that could be confused with it.
Could it have been an ST in Tangerine Scream you seen? This is a more yellowish colour compared with Electric Orange of the Mk.2 Focus ST.

There is the limited (read as last being built) colour available , though I understand all slots have been filled.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1724902

Edit :just read above

The Mk2 RS500 was a car theft magnet and thieves went to all lengths to get one, this will probably be the same

Edit :just read above
Note to dotty.....never immediately reply to a post without reading subsequent posts to check if what you are about to say has already been said. :D I've been caught out with that myself in the past. :oops:
Only 50 of them being built as well.....so the chances of seeing one on the road will be ultra slim.

The rally red pack actually looks alright on the 8
I assume you are speaking about the above photos.
I wondered about the red grille accent and mirror caps because I think especially the former looks very nice with CW. Would be even nicer if the rear wing end caps were red.
I have looked on Honda's website and cannot find anything relating to this for the FK8, although it was available for the FK2.
Maybe Honda like to keep these things a secret and only the most dedicated(or lucky) can find them. :confused:

I assume you are speaking about the above photos.
I wondered about the red grille accent and mirror caps because I think especially the former looks very nice with CW. Would be even nicer if the rear wing end caps were red.
I have looked on Honda's website and cannot find anything relating to this for the FK8, although it was available for the FK2.
Maybe Honda like to keep these things a secret and only the most dedicated(or lucky) can find them. :confused:

Wasn’t it just available on the end of run Black Edition? Maybe it another special edition Honda will have in the pipeline later before the facelift :smt102

Back